Chapter 3: Hotel Hero

Ember met Spike at the elevator once she got the key. Of course it was the Penthouse suite since her dads money was well spent there in the past.

Spike leaned sideways at the elevator just watching the wheels turning in her head. He was wondering what was on her mind at the moment. "What's on your mind pet?" He couldn't wait for her to speak first so he asked.

"I'm thinking that I need to go back to the car and grab my emergency clothes from my trunk." She gave a small sweet smile. "Here's the key to the room," she handed him the key, "go get settled and I'll be up in a moment." It was about 8:30 and she needed to call her mom and tell what was going on.

"You sure you're okay by yourself. I was hired to watch you after all." He said titling his head so coy and cat-like.

"I'll be fine. Go get comfy and I'll be back." He watched her walk away she turned around right before walking through the doors out of the hotel. All she did was look, no smile and not a frown, just a look back.

The room was enormous and luxurious. He saw a small kitchen as he opened the door and right in front of that was a sofa next to a wide window with red drapes at each side. Once he stepped past the kitchen he saw the two beds, both with clean linens and large fluffed pillows. The space between the sofa and the beds was a dresser with a large TV sitting on top.

Then he saw the bathroom doors, double doors actually. Once opened there was a larger Jacuzzi bathtub... big enough for two he thought. And a cut off wall to the right hiding the toilet and private sink behind it.

"Wow. I'm in for a treat aren't I?" He asked himself, well knowing what the answer was. To the left was a shower with waterfall taps on the ceiling and all glass frame. "I guess I'll start with a shower."

Ember was going up the elevator when she thought... 'I'm going to sleeping in the same room as a man!' It shouldn't be a big deal but this was much unknown territory with an unknown vampire. She really shouldn't worry but she couldn't help it.

She walked into the room finding Spikes stuff thrown all over his bed, the one closest to the wall which was favorite bed but no big deal... it was only one night.

"Spike?" She called out to him but no answer. She guessed maybe he was checking out the bathroom. She walked right in not thinking anything about it... until she saw his naked backside. His very well chiseled backside. She gasped in shock, so loud that he turned around.

"Bloody Hell!' He exclaimed. So provocatively that he almost fell. The minute she saw him turning, she put her hands over her eyes and she tried to run. She ran right into the wall and knocked herself out cold.

"Oh bollocks." He cried out, he quickly wrapped a towel around his waist and picked her up. Some droplets from his wet hair fell on her face as he laid her on the other bed.

After about an hour she was starting to stir, she grabbed her head in pain.

"Oh god my head hurts... It feels like I hit a wall."

Spike chuckled while drying his hair with a towel. Wearing his black jean and no shirt... damn he was gorgeous.

"You did... very hard. So hard that you left a dent in the wall." He leaned down to see her head; he placed his hand under her chin to face the bruise above her brow in his direction.

"So, I guess seeing you naked wasn't my imagination?" She asked sarcastically.

"Unless your imagination is that dirty regularly... then I would think you wouldn't be disappointed." He smirked at her with big sucked in smile.

"I may be young and creative but not that creative." She chuckled.

"I'll take that as a compliment pet. I always considered myself a gift created in god's image." He smirked.

"You are so full of yourself... and I sure didn't help." He was still holding her chin, lightly caressing his thumb against her. They were now just staring at each other, Ember breathing softly and Spike not moving a muscle. Her heart started to race and Spike could feel the blood starting to pump faster.

"Pet, are you okay? Should I call for a doctor?" Either she was scared or something else was wrong.

"No I'm fine," she grabbed his hand from her chin and placed it on the bed, "I think I just need to wash-up and head to bed."

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." He got off her bed, grabbed his shirt and turned on the TV. She grabbed her bathroom clutch from her bag and her nightgown and headed to the bathroom. He heard her lock the door... go figure. They didn't need another incident.

Since she was so tense, she decided on a bath instead of a shower. As the warm water started to fill the tub. She decided on some music to help calm her... Michael Bublé was just what she wanted. 'Try A Little Tenderness' was just the golden ticket. She added a little soap so when she started the Jacuzzi it would create nice bubbles.

Since the door was locked, she took off her clothes so much more relaxed. Once all bare, she slowly lowered herself into the tub. The feeling of the warm water and the smell of the Vanilla soap whirled around her perfectly. She moaned in pleasure, it had been so long since she felt this relaxed. In a slayers world, it's very hard to have relaxation.

There was a knock at the door. "Ember?" She was hesitant to answer.

"Yeah? Spike, what is it?" She knew he couldn't get in so why be worried.

"I'm going outside for a smoke; I'll be back in a pinch. If you need me, just scream. I'll hear ya."

"No worries. I'll be fine. I'm just enjoying my bath... and trying to relax. Go smoke, it's fine."

"Okay. Don't drown in there, I would hate for you be naked when I save you for the second time today." He said chuckling.

She couldn't help but laugh. "Go already. I can take of myself for the short spell you're away." She heard the door close and the elevator ding as it came to their floor. Wow... this was going to be a long night. Only 11 and it seemed to go by so fast.