Chapter 5: Small Town Trouble

(Spike is sleeping in the bed alone and wakes up.)

Spike- (Yelling in the room) Ember! Ember, where the hell are you? (He calls the hotel front desk asking if they saw here.) Excuse me, is the girl I came in with last night downstairs? (They say yes.) Oh, bloody hell, thank you. ( He gets dressed really quickly and runs out the door to the elevator, yelling at it, telling it to go faster. He gets downstairs to the breakfast lounge and sees her drinking milk and texting on her cell phone.) You had me worried out of my bloody mind! Why did you leave the room?

Ember- Humans have to eat Spike. You know that right?

Spike- Yeah, but why didn't you ask room service to bring you breakfast? That's a much better idea.

Ember- Because it's a beautiful day and you can actually enjoy it. Plus you needed your sleep for Monday, we have school.

Spike- Wait a second pet, you're telling me that I have to school with you too.

Ember- Yes, you do. I already built your profile by stealing your phone and texting your co-workers.

Spike- Hey, you can't just use my phone anytime you want.

Ember- Okay, I'm sorry. I won't do it again okay.

Spike- Okay then. What's my profile then pet?

Ember- Your name is William Pratt, you're from Alford, England and you're 17 years old. That's all I got for now, we'll make up more as we go along.

Spike- I don't think being called by my real name is a good idea.

Ember- Why? No one knows about "William The Bloody" unless they're vampires or know pepole who kill or know other vampires like me. So what do you have to worry about? You have all that power, so no one is going to mess with you. I hope.

Spike- I guess you're right but, I want you to call me Spike when were alone.

Ember- We might not be alone that much, or have the same classes but I'll try.

Spike- You won't try, you will or I'm not going to your stupid school.

Ember- Fine. Then I'll just get myself into trouble and let people hurt me without you there. Do you really want that?

Spike- No I don't. But do I have too? School was so hard enough in England when I was a teenager but I don't know how it is in America.

Ember- (Holds his hand.) Spike, my school is so easy it's ridiculous. The only thing that's hard is the people. The people are the hardest to get along with.

Spike- Really, well I'm pretty tough, so that shouldn't be a problem. So, when do we leave?

Ember- Soon. I still have to finish eating and then I have to call my sister Rain.

Spike- Sister? You didn't tell me you had a sister. Is she as gooding looking as you?

Ember- (Laughing) Yes, but she's engaged so you shouldn't hit on her.

Spike- I won't but, if I did, would her fiance hurt me.

Ember- Probably. But all I'm saying is don't do it just to do, she's already stole my boyfriend before,

Spike- Oh! So am I yours?

Ember- Well yeah, I mean, what we did last night didn't mean anything too you?

Spike- No. (Looking at his knees. Then acting as his cocky self.) Please, I mean, you're not a child, I thought you knew that. (She stand up and walks away angry.)

Ember- I knew if I let you, you would just use me and then toss me like garbage.

Spike- Look, I'm sorry. I didn't think you would take it like that.

Ember- (Yelling loudly and screaming) No! (Everyone is frozen except her. She slaps Spike really hard and then she unfreezes the elevator and goes back to her room, leaving the hotel frozen.)

Spike- (Hotel unfrozen and Spike yelling in pain) I'm sorry! Where did she do? (He gets out of the elevator and knocks on the door.) Ember, let me in. You know I can break this door down.

Ember- (Crying) Go ahead, it will just prove you hurt everything I ever read about you.

Spike- I won't break down the door. (Takes a deep breath and says nicely.) Please open the door. (She opens the door and sits at the end of the bed and he follows.)

Ember- I'm ready when you are. (Wiping her tears away.)

Spike- Okay, I'll get my stuff together.

Ember- Okay.