Chapter 4: Suite Misery

Embers bath hit the spot. Her head was still a little tender after hitting the wall but the bath helped. She felt refreshed and relieved. After she had her nightgown and shorts on, she came out of the bathroom brushing her hair into a ponytail.

Spike was sitting on the edge of his bed watching the TV; it looked like True Blood was playing. He looked fascinated by it, almost in a trance.

"Spike, are you okay?" It wasn't really a big deal but then he started to look furious.

"Are these writers out of their bloody minds?! Vampires are animalistic, not pansies with tiny fangs and horrible tastes in fashion." He was flustered and Ember couldn't help but laugh.

"I think it's a show Spike, they're not real. Although I think you'd like Eric. You two would have a lot in common." Spike looked up at her, finally his view was away for the television but then he wouldn't stop looking at her. "What? Do I have something on my face?" She touched her cheek.

"No pet, but you look very ethereal." He got up from his bed and reached behind her head and pulled out her ponytail. Her hair was a lovely chocolate brown and her eyes a pale blue. The hair fell close to her shoulders and had a small curl at the ends.

"I usually sleep with it up, so I don't have much to mess with in the morning." Ember said shyly.

"I think you should leave it down, it makes your eyes pop." Spike gave her a smirk. She looked at his expression; it looked like he was looking at her, almost in the way of finding a lost painting, too beautiful to be hidden away.

"So, I guess you really don't like True Blood huh?" She asked so it would catch his attention towards something else.

"Don't exactly love it but I'll be fair." He had the cutest smile, especially when he was trying to be funny; he would curl his tongue behind his teeth and smile.

"Um... I like it. It's very romantic at times and it keeps you on your toes." She said nervously, Spike walked back to his bed and lay on his back so she could see the chiseled muscles underneath his tight shirt.

"Vampires make you randy baby?" He couldn't but hear her heart start to flutter faster. Her cheeks were getting rosy and he knew... this was going to be interesting.

She looked at him speechless, once she mustered up the strength she spoke. "Oh my god Spike! That is none of your business!" She laughed, she was so embarrassed.

"Sure it is," he hoped off his bed again walking towards her. As he got closer, she walked backwards. Trying to put space between them, but he just kept coming closer. Once she hit the wall, she felt pinned there, even though Spike wasn't touching her.

"I'm a vampire; sex is an art for us and a real specialty. Especially it helps us find someone to eat." Spike lowered his voice; rough, dark and sensual. He found the bottom of her nightgown and started to move his hand up.

"I...I've never...." She's never been with anybody, in anyway. Yes, she was a virgin but she knew a vampire could handle her more than a normal man.

As his hand slowly traveled up, he put his mouth to her ear and whispered, "I know... I can smell it. And it's sweet, like honey." He kissed the side of her neck, feeling her vein rise under his touch.

"Well that's comforting." After getting her hot and bothered, Spike removed his hand and strutted back to his bed. He got under his sheets and got comfortable. He turned his lamp off, the only light on came from the bathroom. Spike rolled over to his side, his back facing her.

She still stood there, trying to compose herself and let the blood rush back to head. She climbed in her bed and tried to get cozy. Her mind was still spinning... then she got back up quickly and turned off the bathroom light.

Spike turned around to watch her climb back into bed. The room was still dim enough for Ember to see. She saw him... watching her.

"Night pet... sweet dreams and don't let the big bads bite." He closed his eyes and exhaled an unneeded breathe.

More like sweet misery she was thinking. "How am I supposed to sleep now?" She whispered to herself.

"Try closing your eyes first." Spike wasn't asleep... that big faker. "It's the best way to sleep." He smirked.

"How can I when you... you... you know what." She exclaimed; very much pestered how he got under her skin.

"I was just teasing you, it's not my fault you can't control yourself." She was past pestered, now she was furious. She jumped out of her bed and stood right in front of Spike.

"It is your fault... I'm young but I'm not naïve." 'Oh really?' he thought. So, to prove another point he grabbed her and pinned her to the bed. She yelled in surprise and struggled to sit up but he kept her still. He grabbed both her hands and held them above her head, leaving his left hand free to do what he pleased.

"Oh Ember, how wrong you are." Spike pulled up her nightgown up just enough to find her small shorts hung around her tight hips. She started to shake; she didn't know what he was going to do. "I can feel the heat between your ample legs Ember, you want it bad. I'll give it to you... only if and when you ask."

She didn't say anything, she was experiencing a feeling of being high... high on lust. She was only 17 but she was starting to feel like a woman.

"I feel all tingly... what is it?" He looked at her, eye to eye, as he teased at the waistband of her shorts.

"Passion... Lust... Power... it's intoxicating isn't it?" She was overwhelmed, she only nodded. He was getting closer and closer to the sweet spot when she whispered, "Stop." And he did with no hesitation.

"I do have feelings that I can't explain but we can't do this. I'm not ready and you really don't care about me." How cruel... he had feelings. He couldn't explain them but it was coming from his gut which he usually followed.

"Alright pet... I'll respect that." He released her. He massaged her wrists a bit, to bring back the regular flow back. She looked at him so confused... she pulled her nightgown down went back to her bed. No looking back and not saying a word. She didn't know what to say. They finally fell asleep but what was the morning going to be like? Were they going to go back so a normalcy or will it be awkward?