Chapter 1: Adventure Begins In A Graveyard

Alive. That was the thought on Spikes mind; he was alive, well as alive as he can be since being vampire means being undead. He thought that this final battle meant his final farewell before actually being dead, dust in the wind, kicking the bucket and so on. Especially if it meant being somewhere Angel wasn't. Angel pisses him off so much; he would kill him if he hadn't happened to be stronger, older and his connection to money. Which Angel gave him plenty, after checking his bank account and finding 3 million dollars in it really made Angel seem not to so much of a pansy after all, and an asshole and so on.

"Tomb sweet tombs I always say, not really but, a well-aged whiskey and enough blood to last a week, life is grand." Suddenly Spike had the feeling he wasn't alone. His finished off his glass of whiskey and then turned around to find suspicious fellow standing in the door way.

"I don't think that makes life grand for you, or does it Mr. Spike." He had a British accent just like he did, a little thicker than his. Spike thought maybe he was from Cardiff or maybe London.

"Who the bloody hell are you, tall, blond, and stocky?" Insulting him was just what Spike needed to do in order to sober himself a bit before the possible fight which is what he least wanted at the moment.

"My name is Mr. Judas Cane and I have a proposition for you sir. I heard from another associate of ours that you could use a job?" The way he said it made it sound like he knew it all, about Angel, Spike and the lack of money that Spike would run out of soon. Especially with Spikes breakable habits and wide spending range when it came to woman, cars and alcohol.

All Spike could think was, "dammit Angel." Although his thoughts usually ended up being said out loud because his thought were too loud to keep in his own head.

"Am I wrong sir? Do you prefer to be called Mr. William or Mr. Spike?" The way he said it was so snarky and rude that Spike really just wanted to hit the bastard but right he was about to, two big, hard bodies walked in, crosses and all.

"No, call me Spike and no more of this mister crap its bloody stupid." This guy was pissing him off; all he wanted to was finish his bottle and have a long sleep after the fight in L.A.

"Okay, do you have a job at the moment? Actually I think I answered my own question by looking at your accommodations." Mr. Cane laughed at the fact that Spike lived in a crypt, even though he was a vampire it didn't mean that he should in such horrible conditions.

"It's not the Hilton but it's better than living with goody-two shoes, Angel, uh!"

"I'm not here to talk trash of Mr. Angel, but I do have a job for you if you're up to it. One detail has to be told first before you accept the job, which you will, but you should see this first."

Right after those last few words, Spike was handed a picture of young girl. He thought, probably seventeen or eighteen years old but she was lovely, for a young of course. "Oh, pretty little niblet isn't she?"

"Her name is Ember Jamison, she's seventeen and off limits, that's very important, knowing your past relationship with Buffy." Mr. Cane wanted that to be the clear message when it came to Spike deciding whether or not to take the job.

"Whatever jimmy." Spike scoffed at his judgment of his character, which honestly wasn't that far off. "I could never be with a girl like that, she's not my type." Just as his throat started to tighten with the idea of the young lass, one his guard's phone rang.

"Sir, you have a call." Cane grabbed the phone, his spoke a language that Spike wasn't too familiar with so he couldn't really eavesdrop that easy. Mr. Cane grabbed his work case and opens it to give Spike a few gifts.

"Oh, by the way she has abilities that are forewarned and she's a potential. Do you accept the job?" Spike was debating on whether to take or leave it, he almost said know as he noticed the man had something small in the palm of his hand. "Oh, by the way, we found another ring of Amara, so you will be able to do your job during the day as well."

Spike really didn't need much more to debate about, he was in. "Are you kidding me!? Of course I'll take the job you nit, say hello to Spike, I'm back baby, woo!" He cheered as if he just won a bet of the latest football game, soccer of course to the Americans.

"Sign here please Mr. Spike. Thank you." He signed a very short contract, really didn't read but neither did he care to.

Spike claps his hands together, anticipating what was next on the agenda for him and the bulky men in his crypt. "Yeah. So, when do we leave chaps?"

Mr. Cane laughed. "We won't be going with Spike, but we are giving you the ring, a cellphone, and your plane tickets. She will meet you at the Oklahoma City Airport, oh and bring all the clothes you have, which by the looks of you, you don't have much."

Spike was shocked and disgusted at the same time, he couldn't believe where they were shipping him off to. "Oklahoma!? You've got to be joking right? Right?"

Mr. Cane and his associates leave Spike with the ring, the cellphone, and the tickets on his top of a sarcophagus and then they walk out with Cane smiling with a short wave goodbye.

"Bollocks!" That's all Spike could say.