Chapter 13: Talk of the Century

(Ember is so angry with Spike. What will happen now? Ember is holding the cellphone in her hands so tightly that the phone breaks into pieces.)

Willow- Ember!, you broke my phone!

Ember- I am so sorry, I'm just mad at Spike. That's all.

Willow- Well, next time don't take it out on my phone. Deal?

Ember- Deal? What makes him leaving me defenseless an okay thing?

Willow- Well, Buffy will know just what to do. (Willow and Ember arrive at the Airport and as they enter the airport, Ember is afraid and worried about what Buffy will say about Spike.)

(Willow sees Buffy and calls out her name to catch her attention, Embers mind is still spinning since her ans Spikes call.)

Buffy- It's so great to see you again Willow, (pointing to Ember) and this must be Ember?

Ember- Oh, me?, yes I'm Ember. Sorry, my mind is on something else right now.

Buffy- Vampires?

Ember- How did you know? (Thinking she knows about Spike) Can you read my mind?

Buffy- (Laughing) No, but when I was first starting out that's all I worried about. How has everything been?

Ember- Hectic, Willow will fill you in when we get to the hotel.

Buffy- Let's get my luggage, okay?

Willow- Cool, let's go get your bag.

Buffy- Bags, ooh and the trunk.

Ember- Trunk? (The girls see 5 duffel-bags and the lucky trunk full of weapons and spell books.)

Willow & Ember- You weren't kidding!

Buffy- Nope, I'm packed for any situation.

Ember- You got a vibrator too? (mumbled tone)

Buffy- What you say?

Ember- Nothing.

(Spike waits in the car for Giles to finally come out of the woods. Giles is covered in dirt and twigs, as he gets in the car, Spike has this face of anger and betrayal. He starts the car and starts driving in the wrong direction.)

Giles- Where are we going?

Spike- To find Ember and Willow and give them a piece of my mind!

Giles- That's a very bad idea. I don't think exposing yourself to Buffy is the best idea especially since it would be in the daylight.

Spike- You tell me where they are and I won't drink your blood. Got it?

Giles- Okay but, it's still daylight. What are you going to say?

Spike- I'll figure it out when I get there just tell me where to go or I'm gonna get hungry really quick.

Giles- No problem.

(As Buffy and Willow catch-up on each others lives and experiences. Ember sits in the back seat secretly texting Spike asking him where he is but, she gets no response. Her last message says " we're staying at the Hilton hotel in Bricktown. Please forgive me for lying to you.")

Spike- Where did she say they were?

Giles- Hilton hotel, please don't do this to her and Buffy. Ember would feel like she could never trust you again and Buffy would.... Well I actually don't know what she would do but, I know it wouldn't be pleasant.

Spike- I'm not afraid of Buffy. (lying to himself)

Giles- Ah yes, your so brave. (Pretending to be Buffy) Save me Spike, love me forever.(Laughing)

Spike-Shut up you blusterous wanker!! Buffy and I are no longer in love.

Giles- Well I know your not in love with Ember (spike has a torn look on his face and Giles looks upset). Oh, dear God!!!! Please tell me I'm wrong!

Spike- I know your not wrong, I'm wrong for what I did with Ember. I feel sick, I mean... she's a teenage girl and I'm a 131 year old vampire. What in the bloody hell is wrong with me?

Giles- Well first off,your a vampire who can walk in the sunlight and you have some deep sexual problems and....

Spike- Rhetorical question Giles.

Giles- Oh, sorry.

(Buffy, Willow, and Ember arrive at the hotel. Willow walks inside to get the room keys while Buffy and Ember sit alone to talk.)

Ember- So, how long have you been living in Rome?

Buffy- Eight years, how long have you been have you been with Spike?

Ember- Huh? (Confused and worried.)

Buffy- I bet you thought I didn't know I knew about Spike being back.

Ember- How did you find out? (Thinking she knows her and Spike have been together.)

Buffy- Giles. (Ember thinking, that's gross and how did he know.) He told me that Spike got another Ring of Amara and that he was brought to you by Angels suggestion, even though that was a mistake on his part. (Ember relieved she that she doesn't know about her and Spikes sexapades, starts to tell her all that she can reveal.)

Ember- Well, he came to me one day and said he was there to help me. But, in my own mind I still don' t trust him completely.

Buffy- And you shouldn't, Spike has a hard time gaining trust.The only person you should trust is yourself, you are a slayer and you must your instincts. I let mine down and I ended up making a big mistake.

Ember- Let me guess, you slept with Spike and then your friends found out and it hasn't been the same since?

Buffy- That's right, it's like you've experienced it yourself.

Ember- Nope, I just read your mind and emotions. Its one of my special gifts.

Buffy- Wow. (Willow returns with hotel keys and gets into the car.)

Willow- Did I miss anything?

Buffy & Ember- Nope.