Chapter 35 The end!.... for now ;)

--- Katrina’s POV---

 I resurfaced and started to swim to the rocky shore. I was gasping for breath when I finally reached it. There was a strong gust of cold wind that made me shiver and it started to rain. I looked behind me to see a chain linked fence that separated me from Gotham. I sighed and started to climb it with much effort. My swim had tired me out and I still had more to do to get home. When I landed I heard a soft chuckle and I looked up to see the lighting flash and outline Zsasz’s figure.

“Finally, no one here to stop me this time.” He said with something sounding like wanting in his voice. I turned hard right and started running; completely forgetting about being tired. I heard him following closely behind and my feet started to hurt from all the broken glass I was hitting but I just pushed forward. I kept turning left then right, then left, then right. I was just trying to get somewhere heavily populated, somewhere I could get help. I had just made the final right turn. All I had left was this alley way and then I was home free in the streetlights. That’s when about five men walked in the mouth of the alley and saw me. They approached me and I could do nothing but keep running. One of them grabbed me and I started to scream.

“You ran straight towards us, what else are we supposed to do?” One chuckled at me and I could hear Zsasz coming.

“Run, before he kills you.” I said loudly and they just laughed, until they saw him their selves.

“Get lost Zsasz. You don’t want our boss to come looking for you again do you?” the tallest one said deeply. I looked up and my heart stopped. I was caught by Joker’s men. Would they take me to him? His men were notorious for… doing things… to the women they found around Gotham and I prayed that they would just let me go. Zsasz glared for a long while before finally backing up and running the other way.

“Thanks.” I mumbled and tried to move.

“Wait, wait, wait.” The tall guy said smiling down on me. “You have some debt that needs to be paid.” He said as he walked forwards and grabbed me. “We did just save your life after all.”

“Well let me save yours.” I said back forcefully. “Joker really wouldn’t be happy if you were to harm me. Trust me, he’d find it very… shocking.”

“I’ll take that chance with a pretty little thing like you.” He whispered and pushed me against the wall, trying to kiss me. I tried to fight back, kick, punch, hit, knee, it was all useless. I finally just closed my eyes and stopped trying. He and his friends laughed and he started to move his hands up my shirt. “Good girl.” He purred down to me.

“Yo! Jerk!” I heard a familiar voice call from the streets. We looked over and I could see Gavin and Molly. “Let her go.”

“Look, we’ve got some kids trying to play hero.” He sneered and nodded his head. They dropped me and proceeded to try and intimidate them. Within seconds I could see and hear the two kids pounding on them with metal pipes.

“Take that! And that! Oh yea! I bet that hurt!” I could hear Molly yelling and couldn’t help but smile. They were all down within a matter of seconds and I could see Gavin appear in front of me.

“Are you okay?” He asked taking out a pen light and shining it in my eyes. I blinked and tried to close my eyes and he was picking me up. “We’re getting you to a hospital… oh my gosh.” He whispered as he reached around my back and I started to whimper. “Erin, what happened to you?”