chapter 33

---Jonathan’s POV---

I had reached the door and was instantly swarmed by worried girls.

“Where is she?!” Selina yelled at me. She honestly thought of Katrina as her kid because they just seemed to bond so well. All the girls loved her. I had my mask in my hands and I dropped it as I felt the tears threatening me again. I had been crying the whole way back. I had basically let her go, but I wasn’t going to be able to help her from Arkham.

“I…I…” I couldn’t finish my sentence, and Harley started crying on me. I saw Selina lean against Ivy and Edward went limp in Croc and Bane’s arms. Looks like he had a fit and they had to restrain him again. “Hush… the police… I couldn’t help her from Arkham.” I whispered and Ivy had to restrain Selina. Harvey looked like he was in the same state of mind for once; he was just upset as any of us.

“How did he know she was going to be there?” Edward asked glaring at the floor.

“I don’t know. We just decided today that she was going to go with us minutes before we all went.” I muttered to myself.

“NO!” Harley yelled. “I want her back!” she was about to start smashing things when the phone rang. Everyone froze and then we were all scrambling to get to it first.

“Hello?” I asked reaching it.

“Hello Doctor.” I heard Hush say. “Is the puzzle master in?”

--- Bruce’s POV---

“Alfred!” I called from the living room. “Richard! Get down here!” I turned up the TV volume and what I saw terrified me.

“This is Gotham news. We’re here to recap what happened earlier today.” A brunette reporter was on the TV, sitting at a desk with a screen behind her. “Earlier this evening, there was a serious, but highly unusual hostage situation. There were many of Gotham’s most wanted spotted with our cameras today and there were multiple confirmations from the people inside. Among these dangerous people were Harley Quinn, Bane, Killer Croc, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Scarecrow. It was also said that there was someone else with them; a teenaged girl with black and white inverted hairstyle, brown eyes, and around 5’4” was seen with them. We saw this disturbing clip accompanied by this audio.” The screen behind her took up the entire TV screen now and I saw Hush’s face.

“Poor dear Katrina, didn’t you miss me?” he laughed.

“What’s that bastard doing on the TV.” Richard growled, watching the screen. “He better not be talking about who I think he is.”

“Don’t be afraid Katrina.” Hush called out. “I’m not going to hurt you. Not yet.” He said as he walked off camera. I turned around and hit the wall. I was about to turn off the TV when I saw a freeze frame of Katrina’s smiling face. Her hair looked different, and she was wearing a lot of dark eye makeup. She was running down the side of the aisles looking like a kid in a candy store. What freaked me out was that I could see her two guns, knives and the cane she had her hand. Worse than that was she was running beside Killer Croc.