Chapter eleven

“Where am I going?” I asked sleepily.

“The hospital.” Richard growled. “Again.”

“Did you call Bruce?” I asked nervously.

“Alfred did.”

“He’s going to kill me.” I muttered as I closed my eyes and heard people yelling at me. I was being jostled somewhat violently and the yelling got louder.

“What? I’m awake okay?” I muttered as I tried to hide from a bright light.

“Katrina!” I heard a female’s voice yell. I tried to move my head and open my eyes only to see a short body flying to where I was.

“Crystal.” I smiled.

“What the hell happened?!” she was yelling and flailing her arms around.

“Nice to see you too.” I smiled and laughed a bit. There were too many people around me and they were all doing something to me; holding me down, saying things I didn’t understand, lifting me up, wheeling me around. It was just complete and utter chaos.

“Kat what happened to you?” I could heard her cry as she was running to stay along side where I was laying.

“I’m fine.” I muttered waving my hand. “Don’t tell Austin though.” I said seriously.

“That’ll be a little hard; you’re all over the news again.”

“Uhhhhhhh” I moaned. I didn’t need more face time on the air. That’s how those maniacs found me in the first place.

“What? That’s how who found you?” Crystal asked as it turns out I said it all aloud.

“They found me.” I started to shake my head to try and stay awake. “Nigma and Dent. Crane and Joker. They found me because that babbling blonde ditz said my name on TV. All they needed was my last name and they ended up in my room.” I mumbled. I was waking up more and more, but that only meant I was feeling what was going on with my shoulder more and more.

“Katrina you need to tell the police.” She said seriously.

“Well no duh. They’re going to show up in my room before I’m even ready to see anyone. That’s how cops are at hospitals. I would know.” I frowned.

“Hey, you can’t come back here.” One of the nurses finally noticed Crystal and was trying to get her to leave.

“Is she going into surgery?” she asked defiantly.

“No.” the nurse said aggravated.

“Then why can’t I come? I’ve done a better job of keeping her awake than you bozos have.”