Chapter three

----Just warning you guys! i like writing odd length chapters. Sometimes they're short, sometimes they're long. This one is EXTREMELY long. Enjoy! =)------

"Would all sophomores report to the auditorium." The intercom blasted in the middle of fifth hour. So this is what was goin to take up the rest of the day. Time to see if it's the drug or sex talk. Oh! If we're lucky it might be both! Joy. I saw my gang of people and we all sat down in the back where no one ever paid up any attention.

"So did you guys hear? Nigma's back in Arkham." Crystal whispered as someone stepped on stage. This was the reason Bruce didn't like my friends; Gotham's villains were our source of gossip and entertainment. People wasting their time on celebrities are weird.

"What?" We all whispered/exclaimed, a few of us face palming.

"Again?" I asked. She nodded her head and we groaned, completely ignoring the people on stage.

"What'd he miss this time?" Austin asked. The microphone was being tested and it would screech every now and then, causing us to flinch momentarily.

"He didn't leave the best of riddles this time... he basically walked them to the door of where he was hiding and DIDN'T have a plan." She said as we all shook our head.

"He could've like, I don't know, had the door blow up in their faces or something." Jake complained.

"No, he either needed to think of a better riddle or not commit whatever crime it was." I stated crossing my arms. No way did the Riddler do something that stupid. Then again, he was a psychopath that enjoyed killing people. Our principle was speaking and kept giving my corner of friends the evil eye. Psh, like that was going to make us pay attention.

"It was a bank job. The Joker left him hanging, although not on purpose... entirely." Our little friend informed us.

"How? Joker's been at Arkham for months." Chris stated matter of fatly.

"Ya, but he sent Harley, and she got caught trying to break Riddler out of the S.W.A.T. vehicle."Crystal laughed. I had to admit, that was kinda funny. The auditorium was actually applauding for something. I was debating on weather to follow suit of all the other kids when my group of friends brought me back into the conversation.

"You're kidding." Jake was cracking up.

"You know if they would stop and think things through a bit more Batman would actually have a challenge to deal with. They're just being stupid now. I mean how many times are they going to go back to Arkham and then break out again? It's ridiculous. You know they're gonna escape every time." I said putting my feet on the seat in front of me. We all got quiet and saw that Bruce was on stage in the middle of talking when he made eye contact with us.

"Uh oh, Rin's in troubleeee." Jake teased. I punched him in the arm and listened to what Bruce was saying.

"So it would be an honor if you would choose to job shadow at Wayne Industries tomorrow." He waved and walked off stage with a bunch of clapping that followed.

"Crap that's tomorrow." Austin said. "I forgot to get my teachers to sign the permission form."

"Crap! Us too." The rest of my gang said. I leaned back and put my hands behind my head.

"Psh, I got mine done. I just need Bruce to sign and then I get a day off." I smirked.

"Where you goin?" Austin asked with concern and I smirked even more.

"It's supposed to be hush hush. I can't tell anyone." I said truthfully.

"Fine, surprise us tomorrow night then." Jake said wiggling his eyebrows.