Date Night

This chapter idea was brought to you by Hershey Kiss- I mean LoveOfCake .

Author-Chan is still low on ideas so requests are welcome as long as they're appropriate

Date Night. One of the few nights when a married couple can leave the house without the kids and have a nice quiet evening.

Which is exactly what was in store for you today.

Now I know what you may be thinking.

How the flubba dubba wubble bubble flippa dip pixie stick are two rat mutants going to go out in public without being noticed?

Simple, you're not going out in public.

Actually, a few hours ago, you hadn't even known that you'd be going out.

Let Author-Chan start from the beginning.

It had been another normal day in the sewers of New York City.

Chasing around your five year old mutant maniac of a daughter, training and making breakfast, lunch, and dinner for four mutant turtle teenagers, and keeping an eye on said turtle's long lost sister.

Yep, totally normal.

And just like at the end of every normal day, you had passed out on the couch.

However today wouldn't be normal for you.

While sprawled out on the couch you felt something light fall onto your stomach.

You opened your eyes and saw that there was a small (favorite color) envelope with a sticker that said 'Read Me' on it.

You carefully peeled off the sticker and read it slowly;

My Dearest (Y/N),

You do many things for our chldren and I. Cooking, cleaning, caring for us, making sure our sons and daughters aren't at each other's throats everyday- believe me, I know it's hard to do- , and many more things that would take too long to mention.

Knowing that we sometimes forget to say thank you, we have thought of a creative way to show our gratitude.

When you are done reading this letter, a surprise shall be waiting for you on the roof of April's apartment building.

Love,

Hamato Yoshi, or in your case, Splinty.

You smiled before neatly refolding the letter and putting it back in the envelope.

"I'll definitely be keeping this."

You put the envelope on the arm of the couch and left the sewers.

-Time Skip to Avoid a Boring Description of Walking-

You made your way to the roof of April's apartment and a familiar face greeted you.

"Hi, Mommy- I mean, good evening, Miss." Rosie was dressed up in an adorable little hostess costume, "Do you have a reservation?"

You smiled and tried not to squeal.

"Aw, you look absolutely precious."

"Mommy...You have to play along..."

"Alright alright." You cleared your throat, "I do indeed have a reservation."

"Excellent, right this way, Madam."

She led you to the other side of the roof where Venus and the boys were all wearing makeshift waitress/waiter outfits.

They moved out of the way to reveal Splinter.
He'd been sitting at a table lit by one candle with a few (favorite type of flowers) in a small vase.

"What's all this?" You tried to hide a smile.

"With you trying to balance all of your motherly and wifely duties and me with my fatherly and husbandly duties, we never have time to ourselves. The children and I thought it would be nice for us to have a nice date that they insisted on putting together." He explained.

You sat in the chair on the side of the table and Rosie handed both of you menus written in crayon.

"May I get the lovely young couple anything to drink?" Michaelangelo stood in front of you holding a small note pad.

The only two options on the menu were (favorite soda/juice) and 'pizza'

"Two glasses of your finest (insert favorite soda/juice here), please."

He nodded, quickly wrote your order down, and walked to other side of the roof where you saw Raphael and Leonardo pouring (soda/juice) into two Strawberry Shortcake cups- curtesy of Rosie.

You leaned over and whispered, "How long have they been planning this?"

"Four days. I do hope you enjoy it, we don't get to do this often."

"I'm definitely enjoying it." You smiled more.

"Here's your (soda/juice), extra fizzy/juicy." Casey walked over and set the cups down in front of you.

"And here's your pizza, fresh from the box." Donatello and Venus both set plates with pizza slices down in front of you, "Enjoy."

They all walked over to the fire escape and climbed down to let you and Splinter have alone time. That is after Mikey grabbed a slice of leftover pizza from the box ofcourse.

"This was really sweet of them."

"This is our way of saying thank you, (Y/N), for everything you do." He smiled.

You do so much for your family, (Y/N). They love and appreciate you. You may not have given birth to all six of your children- Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michaelangelo, Rosie (the one you birthed), and your new daughter, Venus- but in their eyes, you will always be known as Mother.