Chapter 11

I'm back :)

Enjoy!

Chapter 11

Jonathan's POV

I sat down on the stool and finished my fourth shot. Or at least I think it was my fourth... Actually come to think of it, maybe it was shot number six. Or have I hit double digits yet? Whatever.

This was my fifth night in this bar since I came back to New York to cool off. Addy stayed on my mind for the first two nights but I drank away her and my anger. I honestly still can't believe she would say something like that. I mean, I was always attracted to Addy's temper and fire, but when used on me, that's when we have a problem.

But can anyone blame me? Addy seriously crossed a line. My parents are a very sore subject for me considering I'm practically raising my mother instead of her raising me and my father is who knows where.

I threw back another shot. The bartender came over and leaned on the counter. Her breasts were practically spilling out of her skin tight white blouse and the very red lacy bra she was wearing underneath. Very hot and very distracting.

"Another one." I ordered, sliding my glass her way.

She filled it and looked at me as I slid a twenty towards her. "You've been here every night all week." She gave me back my twenty. "I've made enough tips off of you."

I raised my glass before throwing back the contents again. The view of the red bra was taunting me. So I decided to taunt it back. "How about I repay you in something else?'

She leaned even closer and grinned. "What did you have in mind?"

I smirked and was about to reply when a different voice sounded behind me. "I think he has other plans tonight, right John?"

Only two people called me John, and I was certain one of them wouldn't be here tonight, my mother. I turned around and faced my ex-girlfriend, Beth. I was with her for about five months before we broke up. Conveniently, a week before Addy called me to meet her in Italy. She still looked the same. Raven black hair in a tight ponytail and warm brown eyes that sat above a mess of adorable freckles I'd always tease her about. Casually dressed in jeans, boots, and a hoodie under a coat she always left open.

Beth came forth and paid the bartender. "Thanks but I have him from here."

Then she grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the bar. The cold air hit me like a slap. One I couldn't help but feel like I deserved for what I was just about to do. Maybe Addy told the wind to slap me for her.... God, I'm really wasted right now."

"You're welcome for saving you back there by the way." Beth said as she stuck her arm out for a taxi.

Instead of replying, I stood there waiting. One finally stopped in front of us and she pushed me inside making me hit my head. "Ow!"

She came in after me. "Good maybe that will sober you up." Then she told the cab driver her address.

"How did you even find me?" I asked her.

She turned and stared at me. "What were you thinking, John? Don't you still have a girlfriend?" She asked completely ignoring my question.

I wasn't thinking and that's the problem. "I don't know."

"To which question is that the answer?" Beth asked obviously annoyed.

I shrugged. "Both I guess."

She nodded and stayed quiet for the rest of the ride. City lights zoomed past me as I stared out the window. I caught a glance of the street where my high school was on just further down. So many things that happened there. Too lost in my thoughts to focus, one particular memory came to me.