Chapter 19

As promised!

Chapter 19

Addy's POV

"You're seriously telling me to sit back and wait?" I stormed out the conference room as Enzo stayed hot on my tail without breaking a sweat.

"Addy, we need more information about what exactly we're up against. I'm not sending my men to their deaths-"

"Oh so you'd rather wait until Belle kills them for you." I rolled my eyes and went to the kitchen. I really needed some water to cool down right now.

Enzo, as expected, followed me and leaned against the island counter watching me. "Look, Belle isn't one to strike once and sit back. She'll come back and when she does we'll be ready."

I downed my water and held the counter for support. My arms shook as I thought about Belle. A woman more evil than anything I've ever encountered. A woman who wanted power so much she would fake her death and run away with one kid just to come back and kill any and everything that stood in the way of her throne. Which, at the moment, was me.

I was so lost in thought that I hadn't felt Enzo come up behind me and rest his hands on my waist. He moved his hands up and down my arm gently trying to soothe my anger. Then he placed a feather of a kiss right under my ear.

"Relax Addy. I assure you that I will take care of everything. You don't have to worry about Belle because once I'm done with her, you won't be able to identify her face." He whispered calmly.

Somehow the sadistic nature of that statement really made me excited. I've thought about how I would kill Belle plenty times before today. Many included her yelling mercy at my fingertips. I wanted her death to be as painful and slow as possible.

I moved out of the clutches of Enzo's roaming hands. Walking to my room with him following behind me, I tried to think about how I could permanently get Belle out of the picture and out of my life for good. The only way I could do that was if I searched her out and went through with my plans on my own terms.

Enzo took my hand and stopped my movements temporarily. "What's going through that pretty little head of yours?"

Would telling him even be helpful? Probably not considering how he just reacted to me slightly suggesting part of my idea not even five minutes ago. Instead I smiled sweetly.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it."

He frowned. "It's not healthy to lie in a relationship."

I laughed at that. "This isn't a relationship. I don't answer to you, Enzo."

I headed to my closet and heard him sit on my bed. "What are you planning?" He asked.

I kept my voice straight as I replied, "nothing."

If he knew what I was planning he'd put the whole house on lockdown before I could even finish my thought. Men like Enzo weren't stupid and if he knew me enough, he wouldn't trust my answers either. Which meant he needed a great distraction.

I re entered my room as he watched me. He didn't look angry just as if he was contemplating how to approach this issue.

"Addy if you're thinking of doing something stupid-"

"Listen Enzo, I'm feeling kind of tired. Do you mind letting me get some sleep. Traveling has taken a toll on me." I said evenly.

He stared at me for a whole minute before relenting. "Of course. Enjoy your sleep." He said before leaving me in my room.

I waited a few minutes before locking the door. Then I got my phone and texted Kat.

Me: Come to my room. Don't tell anyone. Bring Mina with you. Text when you're in front my door.