Chapter 15

This took forever and I'm so sorry!

Chapter 15

Belle's POV

The only sound I heard as I walked down the corridor was my silver heels against the concrete and the various dripping noises from within the walls. My assistant, Layne, walked alongside me giving me a rundown of all major moves happening at the moment. But one caught my attention the quickest.

"So my daughter has met with the Thorne's. Why?" I asked not breaking in stride.

"We're still working on the details but it would seem that she met with the son in particular, ma'am." Layne told me as she tried sifting through folders and walking at the same time.

"That doesn't seem to answer my question, Layne." I responded cooly. I truly hated when my time was wasted.

"Enzo seems to like your daughter very much and so I am told that the Thorne's strengthen their alliance since Giovanni's death with the Auturro family. If I might add, it seems to me as though Adelaide knows you're planning against her, ma'am." Layne finished.

"Well of course she knows. I didn't give birth to stupid children, though I may agree that while Azmina was raised the smartest, book wise, Adelaide is far more suitable for this line of work. She likes to get her hands dirty."

We reached a door and Layne put in the code to it. I stopped her before she could step through.

"Is something wrong ma'am?" she asked me.

"Something is always wrong or else the world would be perfect. I want you to check on shipments I've exported recently and find out if there was any problems." I told her.

"Yes ma'am." Layne responded dutifully.

"And remember to keep this between me and those who must know. We wouldn't want my darling daughter getting secret information about secret shipments she didn't authorize." The warning was heard in my statement because Layne paled a bit before turning away and heading back the way we came.

I entered through the doorway and shut the door behind me. Inside the spacious room, I had my own men lined up against the white tiled walls and in the middle sat my guest of honor on the white tiled floor. She struggled against the tape that covered her mouth and the chains that bound her arms and feet.

I grinned at her. "Gina my lovely, how are you today?

I signaled for someone to remove the tape from her mouth. The second it was gone she screamed at me. "Screw you, you crazy bitch!" She spat at my feet.

I looked at her and frowned. "Didn't anyone teach you how to talk to those higher than you?"

I slipped a knife out from my purse. Her eyes widened for a second before narrowing in hate. "What do you want?" she asked.

I smiled. "Tell me everything you know about this mafia and my daughter."

"Why? So you could use it against Addy? I don't think so. And last time I checked, you're her mother. You should know more than me!" She responded.

I nodded and looked around the colorless room. "We can do this the easy way or my way, love. Just answer my request."

"Go to hell!"

I cocked my head to the side. "Are you sure?"

Gina let out a string of curses before settling down again. I walked around her chair and beckoned one of my men over. He handed me to plastic covers for my feet.

"This room could use some color."

Gina looked from me to the knife and started yelling again. I rolled my eyes. "Someone cover her mouth!" I yelled.