Chapter 9

Hi everyone!

Enjoy!

Chapter 9

Addy's POV

It's been exactly one week since Jonathan walked out on me. Instead of thinking about it, I buried myself in my work. Constant meetings and getting my allies in line with me for when Belle pulls her big move. Uncle Savani, Matteo's father, has been helping me alot. He's been taking on some of my load and trying to portray me as the right person for the job.

Belle on the other hand had extended her trip and so wouldn't be home for another week. Where my friends were? I had no idea. Ricky hasn't been speaking to me and wouldn't even stay in the same room as me. Yet I couldn't get why. I mean, he was basically introduced to my sister as an assignment. His whole purpose was to become her friend so we could get more info on her. But he was the most pissed when I actually kicked her out.

Paul has been avoiding me but he would at least make eye contact before walking away. That surprised me the most. Last I checked, he was her number one enemy. Now he was taking her side. Matteo stills talks to me but sometimes it seems strained. Especially since I knew either him or Paul was in contact with Azmina. And even though I did what I did, I was still glad she was okay.

I spent most days in my office. Too sad and upset and flat out emotional to talk to anyone. Although, I managed to slip in a call to my friend Serenity to catch up on a few things. It was nice. She even gave me a bit of advice on how to deal with Jonathan.

"Maybe he just needs time." she said.

I shook my head even though she couldn't see me. "No Ren, I think I went too far this time. He left and I'm not sure he's coming back."

"Listen to me. You and Jonathan have a history not many people could compare to. He's been with you through a lot. A little argument isn't going to push him away so far from return. Just give him time."

It was a bit inspiring coming from her. Knowing I was never the type of girl to be affected by a guy yet I was by Jonathan, really said a lot. Shaking my head, I picked up a packet which held one vault's inventory and the mafia's weekly profits. Before I could get to today's reports, Gabe burst into my office without knocking.

"How the hell do you keep getting in this house?" I asked him annoyed.

"I walked through the front door." As if it were that obvious. "Anyway, I just came to let you know that Paul agreed to help find Luke. He narrowed it down to a single neighborhood in Luke's hometown, England. Word's been sent out so now we wait." As he finished he decided to take a seat across from me.

I folded my hands on the table and watched him. "Paul agreed to work with you? And what do you mean you walked through the front door?"

"Yeah he did and I meant just that. I walked through the front door. Why?" He asked.

"I up-ed my security since your last visit. And gave them a list of people allowed." I said to myself. It wasn't making sense that my workers would purposefully ignore a direct order from me.

"Well. If I didn't know better, Addy, I'd think I'm not welcomed here."

I rose from my chair. "You're not. I'm going to have another meeting with my guards and have them ban you from my doorstep."

Gabe stood up and frowned. "Wait, I thought you were going to help me. Your mother is-"

I swung around to him. "Don't ever call that woman my mother again."

"But-"

I shot him a look and he raised his hands up in surrender. Turning back around, I placed the packet in its appropriate pile. "Besides, I don't need you here in order for me to find Luke." I informed him.