Chapter 4

Vote/ Comment/ Follow/ Share for dedication on any three books

Enjoy :)

Chapter 4

Addy POV

After two days of working out and simply working on paperwork and business deals, I decided to have a little bonding time with Azmina. Finding the girl was the first step however. She was like a ghost, disappear and reappear at will. And it seemed like she spent more and more time with Ricky or Matteo than anyone else.

Heading towards the kitchen for a snack, I caught a glimpse of my sister's immaculately straight hair turning the corner. I wondered if it even frizzed in the summer. Picking up my pace, I followed her into the family room where she was just about to sit with her phone.

"Hey." I greeted her my snack now forgotten.

"Oh!" She jumped, startled she took me in and sighed into the couch. "You shouldn't sneak up on me like that." she frowned.

I sat down beside her in amusement and curled my feet under me. "I'm sorry. I didn't think you hadn't noticed me."

"Well, I don't have eyes behind my head."

I raised my eyebrows to the comment. "You should probably be more aware of your surroundings."

Azmina looked up from her phone to look at me. The resemblance still threw me off. She had blue- grey eyes like mine. Long dark hair, a little past her waist, that was closer to black than mine was. Just like our father's. "I am aware of our surroundings." She defended.

"Then you shouldn't have been so startled." I replied smugly.

For the first time ever, I witnessed Azmina do something I wouldn't have thought I'd see her do for a long time.

She rolled her eyes at me.

I sat up, shocked to have gotten some reaction from her. She looked at me, wide eyed. "What?" she asked. "Is there something on me?"

I shook my head and calmed down. Then I grinned. "You just rolled your eyes at me."

She stared at me for a while. "Is that seriously what has you so excited?"

I nodded. "Getting a reaction from you is an achievement!"

She rolled her eyes again. "Unbelievable."

I laughed. "You are so closed off to everyone."

She frowned. "That's not true. I talk to Matteo."

It was my turn to roll my eyes. "He's family."

"Ricky isn't."

I paused. "What's going on with you and Ricky anyway?"

Azmina's face turned red as she looked away. "Nothing. He's easy to talk to."

I frowned. "Well, I'm easy to talk to, too. I mean I'm your sister. We should be close."

"We've just met!" She said incredulously.

"I know, but I want us to be closer." I scooted a bit closer to her. "Look, I know it's been just you and Belle for all you could remember, but I'm here now too. And I want someone I could hang out with and stuff. I- I actually miss the feeling."

Her eyes bore into mine after a while of silence. "I am not a replacement for Evelina. Nor will I ever be."

I quickly shook my hands. "No, no I didn't mean it like that. You are nothing like her, trust me. I just want to hang out with you and get to know you for you. Eva... she didn't really want a sister. She grew jealous of me and I... I don't know what went wrong... or even when for that matter. It just got so messy and... geez she got so mad and whatnot that-" I stopped realizing I was only rambling.