Chapter 6

Vote/ Comment/ Follow for dedication

Chapter 6

Azmina POV

Back in the jet, I was trembling from head to toe. I just witnessed my mother kill someone. Someone who was hardly capable of defending herself. Someone who was dying anyway. And she just killed her. And walked away like she just ordered a coffee and they told her to have a seat until they could give it to her.

I sat down and stared out the window. The girl's anguished cries still echoed in my head. Raw pain evident in her voice. How could someone do something like that. Then again who am I to judge. I shot my own father trying to protect a woman I thought was defenseless. But my mother is anything but that.

She's a monster.

But I'm just like her right? I mean I killed someone too. Sure it was more of a self defense shot but... I wasn't the one who was getting hurt. My mother was. But I was only doing the right thing right?

Lost in my thoughts, I hadn't noticed that my mother took a seat next to me and took off her coat. I was still trembling when she turned to me.

"Are you cold, my love?" She asked me as she ordered for the heat to be turned up.

I felt sick. And tired. Completely drained of all energy and I wanted nothing more than to just lay by myself in my room away from everyone else. Especially Adelaide. I don't know how she could possibly still want to be so close to me even after our mother told her I was responsible for our father's death. She said Adelaide was okay with it because Father was a monster.

Now I'm starting to wonder if he married one too...

"You are awfully quiet over there, Azmina." Mom said as she touched up her makeup.

"I'm just tired." I replied still looking out the window.

"Mm, I am too. Today really drained me and it's not even finished yet. Don't worry we'll be home soon enough and then you could sleep all you want. I am going to be making a few more business trips to get some very important on my side for my case against Addy." Mom said she closed her eyes and got comfortable.

I finally looked at her. Fully looked at her. "Mom... why did you kill that lady?"

"She got on my nerves." She said casually. "She deserved it."

I balked at her. "She was dying anyway. And even if you thought she deserved it how does that give you the right to kill her?" I breathed out.

My mom opened her eyes and stared at me. I mean really stared at me. Then she turned in her seat to face me. "If I recall correctly, you are in no position to judge me for killing another person. Wasn't it you who shot and killed your own father?" she asked smugly.

"I was protecting you! You have no right to-"

My cheek stung and tears came to my eyes. I looked at my mother. The woman who never before even thought to lay her hands on me, just slapped me without remorse. A tear rolled down my cheek.

Mom glared at me. "I advise you to watch your tone with me. And as I told that boy a while ago, I have a right to do whatever I please. So if you dare try to reprimand me, I will gladly demonstrate just what I mean. Am I understood, Azmina?"

I nodded and sniffed. "Yes." I whispered.

Mom looked pleased. "Besides, you are under my protection right now. I highly doubt you want to lose that protection. Do you?"

"No." I whispered again trying to stop the tears from falling.

"Don't worry, my love. You have me as long as you stay in your place and do as you're told. Speaking of which, you should sleep now because when you get home, I want you to talk to Addy. Find out what's going on with her."