Chapter 17

As promised 🙃

Chapter 17

Addy's POV

I'm done with guys forever.

An enemy of Enzo's decided that this would be the perfect time to start attacking his newest "crush". I have a business to run. My mother is already plotting against me. Now I have this shit to deal with.

My men swarmed around the house killing the enemy and making sure that I was safe. Enzo was by my side making a call to someone. His was pissed just a second ago but now he sounds like everything is peachy and our lives aren't in danger at the moment. Jonathan was unconscious on the shoulder of one of my men.

"Take him to the safe house and get the doctor to go with you. If he dies, you die too." I told my worker who quickly went to follow my order.

"Good. The money will be given as soon as it's taken care of." Enzo hung up the phone and faced me.

"What was that about?" I asked.

He ignored me and ordered my men to take care of something for him. Smartly, my guys looked to me before answering to Enzo. I nodded and waited till they left to grill Enzo.

"What the hell is going on?" I glared at him.

"Nothing. You need to learn that we hire men for a reason. We let them execute while we orchestrate. Everything is being handled as we speak." He replied low though confident.

I stopped and faced him. "My home and people are being attacked, and your response is that everything is being handled. Are you kidding me?" I fumed.

He gave me a look that made me what to cut him into pieces then ship those pieces in a box to his family.

"I won't remind you again, Adelaide, to be careful how you speak to me. I am a very powerful man with a very limited temper." He stepped closer to me so his height could be noticed.

I almost wanted to swing at him. "This is my house, Lorenzo. Make a mistake here and you face my consequences no matter who you are. So you would be wise to watch yourself." I warned him for the final time.

His ego was very big I'd give him that. And it wasn't like he couldn't back up his words with evidence. If I thought I was a demon to deal with, Enzo would be the devil. He's done things that were unspeakable.

He brushed his hand softly against my cheek and smirked. "You wouldn't believe how sexy you sound when you threatened me."

My heart skipped but I didn't show that I was affected. "Seriously? We're doing this now?"

He leaned into me so his lips were against my ear. His hands squeezed my hip lightly as he pulled me closer to him. "What am I doing?"

Everything he was doing was feeling so good. Despite the chaos happening around us, I didn't want to do anything but let Enzo have me right here right now. I cleared my throat. "This." I replied.

One of his hands wrapped around my waist and the other one found it's way into my hair. "Now seems like as good a time as any." He whispered.

"While we're in danger?"

"I find danger sexy." He planted small kisses on my jaw.

I tried to gain control of my body but it was getting harder. He pulled my hair slightly making me look up at him. My arms wrapped around his neck as I met him halfway into a mind blowing kiss. His lips moved slow with mine and my hands roamed his soft hair.

A throat cleared and we broke apart. There stood Kat with a stupid smug look on her face watching us. Paul was next to her looking confused.

"In the face of all the things happening right now, count on the two of you to make out in the middle of it." Kat said as her heels clicked over glass that had fallen.