Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Addy's POV

Belle finished her little meeting quickly. Just as my uncle told me, she never stayed anywhere too long. We followed her discreetly for the rest of the evening. She occasionally made stops to not so random bars and grills. We sat now waiting for to come out of what I hoped was her last stop.

"How are we going to get the tracker on her?" Mina asked as she sipped on some kind of fruity blue drink. "We don't know that she takes the same car each day so tracking that could lead to a dead end."

"And she'd recognize any one of us if we tried to put the tracker on her personally." Kat added.

They were right. We needed to find a way to get the tracker on her.

I leaned back in my chair. "We have to put it in something she always carries with her. Everywhere she goes. Something that she'd never leave home or change on a daily basis."

An elderly lady walked her dog nearby. The cute puppy sniffed the ground greedily as it looked for a place to pee. I watched the woman reach into her bag for something when an idea hit me.

"Her wallet." I said quietly.

Kat looked my way. She had been watching the lady too. "That's perfect."

My sister looked between the two of us confused. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Think about it. One thing Belle wouldn't change everyday no matter what she's wearing or where she's going. Her wallet. It's black Italian leather and goes with anything." I filled her in.

"There's only one problem though. How are we going to get the tracker in her wallet in a place where she wouldn't be able to see it?" Kat pointed out.

"Let me do it." Mina offered excitedly.

"How do you plan to disguise yourself from your own mother and put the tracker in her wallet?" I stretched, having been sitting too long.

"Just trust me. I got it." She said holding her hand out for the tiny bead Paul created.

I looked at Kat who simply shrugged in response. I looked back at my sister and gave her the tracker.

"Alright. But the second something happens and you need us -

She stood up and began fixing herself. "Just trust me, Addy. This isn't new to me. And she is my mother. I know how she operates."

Mina took her hair out of her ponytail and shook it a bit. Then she took a very black lipstick out her purse and applied it to her rosy lips. She put used a red eyeliner and created some pimples and darkened under eyes a bit. Then she put in brown contacts and braided her hair in an effortless badass look all under five minutes.

Kat and I simply stared while she gave a thumbs up and headed into the restaurant.

"Why does she have all those things in her bag?" Kat asked me.

That was a good question. "I'm more concerned on if we should be worried that she has all those things in her bag."

A few moments later Belle exited the restaurant and got into her car. After her car disappeared, Mina came out cleaning makeup from her face.

"Is it done?" Kat asked as Mina approached us.

"Of course it is." My sister replied confidently.

Seconds later, a notification on my phone informed me that the chip was successfully activated. I looked up at a beaming Azmina.

"Well done, little sister. Well done."

She took a bow before sitting again. "What do we do now?"

I called the waiter over and ordered a large dinner for the three of us. Then I sat back and relaxed. "Now we wait."

Enzo's POV

She really hung up on me. I've had people killed in the past for similar actions. Fuming, I quickly dialed Alex's number.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Meet me downstairs at the bar in 5 minutes."

"That couldn't be sent in a text message?" He smartly replied.

I hung up on him and went downstairs to get a drink of something strong. Moments later, Alexander arrived in all his blonde glory. He sat beside me and poured himself some Brandy.

Looking at my glass he grinned. "If you're drinking vodka this has to be about Adelaide."

I gave him the finger and continued my drink. "I called her to tell her about Father and she hung up on me."

He frowned. "She just hung up? No questions asked?"

"I mean, things were said but the point is she disrespected me and is blatantly putting my father in danger." I downed the glass and poured another.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think this is the shortest chapter I've ever written in all three books. But a promise is a promise. I honestly need to buy a laptop.
Let me know your thoughts. Sorry this may not have been what you wanted. Law school prep is really taking my time
-Dani💜
P.s I haven't slept In 23 hours so please excuse the typos