Chapter 12

Enjoy :)

Chapter 12

Addy's POV

"So you are the infamous Adelaide Auturro, Daughter of Giovanni Auturro, one of the most powerful men in the world. I have to say you come from a very impressive family." Lorenzo Thorne Sr. spoke as he comfortably leaned back in his leather chair at the head of the table. I sat at the other end facing him. Around the table sat his inside circle, his son Lorenzo Jr., Kat, Paul, and Uncle Savani.

Lorenzo Jr., or Enzo as he preferred to be called as to not be confused with his father, sat at the table as heir to one the strongest Mob Businesses in the world. Now residing in Spain, Enzo and his father owns almost as much property as my family did. Solidifying his alliance would be good for me. It shouldn't be so hard considering Lorenzo and my father always stayed close.

"I must ask, why is Giovanni not here today? We've never conducted business through others." Lorenzo inquired.

All eyes were on me. "My father is dead. I run everything now."

The room was stanuch silent as the Spanish Boss narrowed his eyes at me. "Giovanni is dead? By who?"

I stared him in the eye. "One of my sisters killed him trying to defend her mother who tricked her into doing it." I refused to acknowledge Belle as my mother and throw Azmina under the bus. This was all Belle's fault.

"I see." He said. "And what of your other sister, Eva?"

A cruel smirk found it's way to my face. "I killed her."

"How?"

"I put a knife through her heart and watched the life drain from her eyes." I said.

Unreadable emotion crossed Lorenzo's face. "And why did you do that?"

"She betrayed my family's trust."

"That's all?"

"That's all that matters."

Eyes went from one end of the table to the next. Lorenzo studied me closely. As if I would fidget under his gaze. I didn't.

"Well," He leaned back once again. "I can see you have obviously earned your way to the top. My son Enzo here sometimes handles my business to obtain more experience for my position. So I'm letting him decide whether or not to keep this alliance going. Excuse my son and I for a moment."

I watched Enzo leave with his father. From what I know, he was 12 when he began his trainings and gaining intel about the cartel. Now he's 22 and getting ready to basically rule things. My phone vibrated.

Kat: Enzo is very hot ;)

I looked up and saw straight faced and talking with Paul. I shook my head but she was right. Enzo had this business man demeanor to him. The suit, the haircut, the clean shaven face, he was a whole package. One that I wouldn't mind working with at all.

And what about Jonathan?

My eyes widened at the thought of him. It's been almost 2 weeks since our fight and he hasn't gotten in touch with me once. Not that I was trying to get in touch with him. Kat was right. Maybe I didn't want to know where he was and what he was doing. I know Paul would've found him had I asked. Actually, I'm pretty sure he knew where he was now, but didn't want to tell me.

Me: Yeah he is.

Kat looked into her lap and read my message just as Lorenzo and his son walked back into the room. Everyone turned their attention to them.