Chapter 14

Sorry it's late!

Enjoy!

Chapter 14

Azmina POV

Addy looked somewhat disappointed instead of shocked as she looked at her unexpected guest. When Luke first showed up, a lot of the guards and men started getting antsy and tense. Some were pale like they were seeing a ghost, which I now understood thanks to Paul and Ricky.

My mother never really went in depth on these people while she was informing me during our first trip here. One thing Belle loved was information any way she could get it. She was relentless in that way. The second thing she loved was keeping that information to herself. To hold the power.

Addy leaned her coat on her chair and sat down facing Luke. Kat was staring at her suspiciously but Addy didn't make eye contact.

"Where were you?" Addy asked Luke.

We watched as Luke shrugged and sat in front of my sister. "Around. What did you need me for?" he answered.

Kat kept her eyes on Addy, who still avoided her eyes. I zoned out a bit as Addy and Luke continued on about the "Pills of Death" my mother was on the hunt for. I looked around the room in boredom. There was no way I could ever have been Boss. I found this job boring; you always had to go over new inventory, files on threats, and fix any problem that popped up because if you didn't, other leaders would find you weak.

I guess the whole idea of business just didn't appeal to me. I caught Kat looking at me and stared back. She nodded towards the door before heading out. I looked around to see if anyone noticed, but they were all caught up in Luke. I started to leave when Ricky caught my hand.

"Where are you going?" He asked softly.

"With Kat. I'm bored." I whispered.

He smiled and shook his head, but let go. Kat was pacing in the hall as I entered. She stopped when she saw me.

"Come on." She said before turning on her toes and heading down the hall.

I jogged to catch up with her. Even in heels, the girl moved like she wasn't wearing shoes at all. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"Something happened between Enzo and Addy." She said not breaking in stride.

I stumbled in my step. How was she moving so fast was beyond me. "How do you know?"

"I just have a feeling. Trust me."

She walked downstairs to use the phone Addy used to make calls she didn't want traced or tracked. Kat picked up the phone and scrolled through her cell before dialing.

"Who are you-?"

She shushed me and put the phone on speaker. Someone answered but waited a second before speaking.

"Mr. Thorne's assistant speaking, who is this?" A woman answered.

My wide eyes caught Kat's narrowed ones. "This is Adelaide Auturro's assistant. I need to speak with Mr. Thorne immediately. It regards Adelaide." Kat said smoothly.

"Mr. Thorne is busy right now. May I-"

"Listen maybe you didn't hear me. This needs Mr. Thorne's attention immediately. Ms. Auturro doesn't like complications, if you understand what I mean." Kat sad in a very threatening tone.

"O-of course. One moment." The line went silent for a second. Then, "Speak." Enzo commanded.

I looked at Kat. She seemed to have wheels turning in her head at all times. She cleared her throat before speaking.