I Do

Draco walked towards the Heads common room, every step he took were leaving a loud thud that's echoing across the corridor. He was furious, his heart was pounding fast as if it wants to go out from his chest.

'We can be together'

Hermione's voice was repeating nonstop in his head. He loosened his Slytherin neck tie and stepped through the portrait hole, sweat were trailing from his temple down to his jaw. Draco removed his v-neck jumper  and threw it at the nearest couch, his breathing was rough and it seem to burn his throat.

He kicked the couch in full force that it moves a few inch away from it's place. "Damn!" He yelled in so much frustration.

Draco goes inside the bathroom and splashed a handful of water on his face, he then lifted his head and stared back at his reflection in the mirror. His face was pale as if blood drained from it, eyes were cold as ice and lips was trembling slightly. His hair was in the worst state of messiness.

"You fall in love with her," He spoke in almost a whisper.

Draco whimpered softly, his vision was blurring his vision. He tried to hold it but he can't, there's no way to resist it. Finally a few drops of tears slipped out from his eyes, he wailed in so much pain and frustration. It seems like he never cried before in his life, although its been two years since the last time he did. And the reason was almost the same as today, Failure.

Failure to express his true feelings, failure to choose what he really want and failure to become brave enough to follow his heart.

He hate to admit but he do like Hermione, not just like.. He really love her. Ever since the day they saw each other, but because of her blood heritage and his parents humiliation on people like her, he had no choice but to hate her too.

He could remember the time he confessed to his mother about his feelings for Hermione in one vacation before their second year. His mother told it to his father, and that was the first time he suffered under the Cruciatus curse. His father never stop until he promised that he will forget his feelings for the Mudblood.

He tried but he can't, every time he'll mention her name and his father heard it, the punishment will take place. Because of that, Draco's heart became cold as stone, he became insensitive and baggart arsehole in the trio's life.

After a minute Draco washed his face once more and pulled the tie away from his collar, he opened a few buttons of his sleeve before looking at the mirror again.

"You're weak... A coward," He said, emphasizing every word. He lifted his still bruised fist and threw it on the mirror, the glass shattered into pieces as blood drips from his knuckles.

"Draco.." He almost stop breathing and his heart seems to paralised when Hermiones voice called from his back.

He didn't turn around, he wouldn't let her see his face nor his fist. Until he heard her footsteps running closer and before he knew it, Hermione's body was already pressed against his back. She hugged him tightly and her arms wrapped up to his chest.

"You don't have to deny it anymore.. Please don't make it more complicated for us. I love you Draco," Hermione whispered, a hot stream of tears were running down on her cheeks.

Draco didn't move, his heart was banging inside and all he could hear was the sound of it, his head seems to deafen all the other noise around.

"I love you Draco," Said Hermione in louder and clearer voice.