A game that you'll lose

Hermione jogged toward the Gryffindor tower, she took a deep breath before stepping inside the common room, there's only Ginny, Harry, Ron and Neville.

They noticed Hermione standing, "H-hey.." She waved at them.

"C'mon Neville I'll show you something in my room." Ron get up glacing at her before he storm out to their room with Neville.

"Hermione, come here." Ginny said gesturing beside her, Harry was surveying her every move.. Anger can be seen through his emerald pupils.

"Explain." He said coldly. Hermione exhaled and told them the whole story, from how Draco snatched her wand from her to the task that was given to her by the headmistress.

Ginny gasped covering her mouth with her hand, staring at her now with sympathy. "Oh mione, you said no to her aren't you?" Ginny asked.

"Actually... I said yes Ginny." Hermione replied in bitter tone.

"What?! Are you mad Hermione ?! I always admire your intelligence, but now? What's happening to you?! You're going to make our enemy fall in love with you?! That's the most mental plan I've ever heard!" Harry exclaimed.

"I know Harry, I told that to professor McGonagall but she didn't listen to me, she insisted that Malfoy will be a better person if he feel loved." She gently.

"No. Probably she's losing her mind, you're not doing that, hear me?" Harry kneeled down in front of her as he held her hand, he's now looking straight to her eyes.

"Harry... I'm sorry..." She whispered.

"Hermione.."

"Please, j-just let me do this." She pleaded.

"Then what will happen if you succeeded? If he really fall in love with you? You'll be together for the rest of your life or you'll dump him right after? Hermione this won't bring you anywhere, you don't even like him! " Harry said.

"When he really falls for me, then his state of mind will change as well. I've been with him for weeks and I can say that he's not acting like human. It seems like there's no emotions left in him aside from hate and sadness." Her voice become fainter and fainter.

"You're showing sympathy towards him... I don't think you're still the Hermione Granger I used to know..." Harry dropped her hand softly to her lap as he stood up ready to walk away.

"Harry please!" She yelled, tears are now leaking out from her eyes.

"Just do what you want Hermione, but don't expect us to help if anything goes wrong with all this imbecile plan!" He finally climbed to their room. Hermione cried to her palm feeling so much broken, she already lost her two best friend.

"Mione, I'm here for you. You can talk to me anytime, just don't mention it to Harry." Ginny said tapping her back softly.

"No Gin, I don't want to be the reason of your misunderstanding. But.. Thank you so much." She hugged her friend tightly, tears are streaming out from her eyes.

***
Draco was sitting under the old oak tree playing with his new guitar, he's working the tune for the song he composed for their assignment in Muggle studies. While on the other side, Hermione was talking to the prefects and team captain of every house, discussing the plan for the coming Quidditch cup. Harry was still the Gryffindor team captain but he didn't show up, as well as Malfoy for Slytherin team.

After the discussion she went to the Head of houses to report everything she observed that day, she's keeping herself preoccupied as much as possible.

When she's done, she decided to patrol beside the black lake when Draco spotted her, he grinned to himself as he put down the guitar on the ground. "Granger, looking for the giant squid to complain about how black the lake was getting now?" He said leaning his back against the old tree trunk.