Halloween at Hogwarts

Hermione woke up early and took a bath quickly. She opened her wardrobe and stared at the dresses for a few moments. The truth was, Hermione can't afford to buy her new clothes because she need to save the money she got from her parents savings. It's only enough for her to buy new books and pay for her education in Hogwarts. She didn't dare to sell any furniture in their house 'cause her mother will be furious if she found their house very spacious.

She didn't tell this to Harry or Ron, or even to Ginny. They'll get worried and she know enough that they will offer her things that she will not be able to decline. Hermione sighed deeply before grabbing her school robes and shoes, she changed quickly and jogged down toward the Great hall to meet the school prefects.

In her great surprise, Draco was already there talking to Blaise, Ernie and Neville. She slowly sat down beside Ginny and Luna, Draco glanced at her direction before turning back to their conversation.

"You're here." The headmistress came carrying a roll of parchment as she opened it and read under her square spectacles.

"Listen.. We have decided to have a Halloween Party. Each student from 4th to 7th year can bring their partner as usual, and they must wear a costume.. House heads and prefects are included. We've already fixed about the foods and guest, all you need to do is to decorate this place." She said.

"Whoa that's cool!" Blaise exclaimed.

"Who will be the guests?!" Ginny asked excitedly.

"I won't tell who, but I'll give you a hint. They are muggles who has a wizard brother or witch sister. You can start decorating now, Hagrid if you please." She waved her wand and the huge boxes settled above the table, Hagrid came carrying a huge pumpkin that has a carvings and lights inside to look like a severed head of a scarecrow.

" 'ello ther' Ermione." Hagrid greeted her.

"Hello Hagrid!" She smiled to him then Harry and Ron came and took Hagrid for a conversation.

"Let's start." Draco said beore opening the box in front of him, he started levitating fake Acromantulas and hang them bythe wall, this makes Ron winced in disgust.

Hermione pulled her wand and joined the rest of the prefects, she glanced at Draco's position once in a while, Draco did the same until they caught each others eyes. Their heart almost beat in a same unusual rhythm as they turned their gaze to different direction awkwardly.

After an hour of decorating, Hermione climbed back to their common room to fetch her books and bag. The portrait swung open, revealing Draco Malfoy in his Slytherin Robe.

"Avoiding me Granger?" Draco asked.

"I'm in a hurry Malfoy, if you please kick your arse out of my way." Her eyes were fixed on his shoes.

"I just wanna ask you if.." He stopped for a while as if trying to find a proper words to speak himself, he lifted her chin and smirked once more. "If you want to come with me to the Halloween Party." He smiled, his white teeth can be seen that makes Hermione's cheeks blushed pink.

"Er... Ah.. I already said yes to someone." She said without looking at his eyes. Draco pulled away his hand and slid it inside his pocket.

"Really?.. Well, at least I won't be guilty that you'll be all alone for the night." He said before walking out of the way.

When Hermione was sure that Draco was already gone, she hit herself in the forehead with her fist, grunting in her phenomenal stupidity. Hermione started walking to her potion class while hexing herself in her head.

Who will be her date now? Many sixth and fellow seventh year already asked her to go with one of them, some are sending her cards, roses, chocolate frogs and to Hermione's disgust purple slugs as a pet.