[thirty-nine]

Hurricane Chapter 39

Bridgit's POV

Thanksgiving Day

I exhaled deeply as my knuckles rapped on the white wooden door thrice. I looked behind me and saw Harry standing there, hands in his suit pant's pockets.

It was my mom who opened the door.

She flushed as she saw me. I haven't talked to her in just about two or three weeks, ever since she scolded me in the car.

"Hi Bridgit," she said sheepishly. I sighed and pulled her in for a hug. It didn't matter what happened, I missed her.

"I'm sorry, Mom," I sincerely apologized.

"No, I'm sorry Bridge," she replied, kissing my forehead as she released me. "You're 21 years old and you're allowed to do what you please, even if it's traveling."

"I should visit more," I admitted.

"You visit just enough," she replied, smiling. "And your brother is inside, waiting to surf for the biggest slice of pie."

I grinned. I was wearing my light purple skintight surf suit and I was ready to kick my brother's arse.

"And, Harry honey, your Mom called and said that she and Gemma plan on coming over. They should be here by three. But, until then, Bridgit's dad is in the living room watching football."

"American football," I whispered to him. "And root for the Redskins, never the Giants. He'll murder you and throw you in the ocean," I warned him as my mom led the way into the house.

"I'll take note of that," he replied, a bit nervously. "I don't even understand American football."

I laughed. "Well, then, you'd better Google it." I kissed him before he reluctantly joined Dad in the living room. I went straight to the kitchen, where it already smelled like food and love.

"Hi Nick," I greeted my little brother happily. However, he looked more happy than I did as he pulled on his surf suit. "What's up, you look like you've just seen Ariana Grande."

He laughed and shook his head as he pulled his arms through his surf suit. He pointed to the wall where our surfboards were. "I have some news, Bridge, and you're gonna love it."

I looked questioningly at my mom, but she just shooed us off to the front door.

Once we were out of the door and jogging to the shore with our surf boards, I turned my head to stare at a still-grinning Nick.

"You look like the cat from Alice in Wonderland, Nick, what's up?"

He looked back at me as we reached the water. "Mom said I can go."

My eyes widened. "What?"

"Mom said I could go with you to England!"

I smiled widely at him. I thought that Mom wouldn't actually take Nick's request seriously, but she said yes. Yes!

We decided on best of 5. This time, Nick got 3 wins and I got 2 wins.

"Yes!" He exclaimed happily, running down the beach. "What pie is it tonight? Apple? Hell yeah!"

I laughed and I saw Harry pacing our patio. Nick looked at me as we neared him and I shrugged.

"Where's my dad?" I asked. He stopped and acknowledged me with his eyes.

"Dani," he said, biting his lip.

"What?"

"Dani's here! And Perrie and the boys are supposed to come with Lola and Shane in a couple of hours."