[thirty-two]

Hurricane Chapter 32

I was discharged the next day, despite the doctor's protests.

I had yelled at Lola and Shane the day before, not being able to digest the fact that they were setting Harry up. I mean, yeah, I'm pretty pissed at him, but hear this:

Flashback ---

"It was last year," Shane started, much to Lola's dismay. But, I didn't care; I wanted to know what they were hiding from me. "Harry had just outed me to your parents and I was unbelievably angry and wasn't quite able to talk to anyone."

"But you talked to me that morning after," I reminded him.

"But, that was before I saw Lola."

---

Flashback in a Flashback

11 months ago

---

Shane's POV

I left immediately after Lola, Gem, and Bridgit, before Bridgit's dad could say anything. Harry sat there, triumphant with what he'd accomplished. Did he even realize how pissed off his girlfriend was?

I walked up the soft, carpeted stairs and began to my bedroom. But, not before I heard a voice coming from the guest bathroom. Curious and needing something to take my mind off of the night's events, I pressed my ear against the door.

"I have it under control, Mom," the voice insisted. "Yes, I know. But Des is all the way in England-" She paused and I jumped back, thinking that the girl behind the door heard me.

"Okay. Yeah, Harry just got here but I doubt he's heard from his dad in a while."

False alarm.

There was silence and suddenly, I was on the ground, the door wide opened and Lola peered down at me, her blonde hair framing her pale face.

"What do you think you're doing?" She demanded and I got up, ignoring the ringing sound in my ears.

"What do you think you're doing?" I shot back at her, crossing my arms. "I want an explanation Lola and now."

She considered me for a moment, the grabbed my arm, pulling me into her guest bedroom. She sat on her bed and ordered me to lock the door. I did and her voice dropped to a whisper.

"I'm broke," she initially said, making my eyebrow shoot up.

"What do you mean you're broke?" I demanded. "Your family is loaded."

She frowned and I leaned against her door.

"A couple of months ago," she began. "My dad hired a new employee to his law firm. He went by the name Kirk Washington. He was an excellent lawyer and my dad won a lot of cases this summer because of him. But, Kirk began to act...strange."

I chuckled darkly. "Did he grow claws and have hair problems?"

Without the glare she threw at me, I would've thought she didn't hear what I said.

"He was late for work and didn't show up for days on end sometimes. And when he did show up, he was drunk.

"So, my dad did a background check on him and realized that there wasn't a lawyer in the entire state of California named Kirk Washington. So, he did some more investigating and found out he was actually Des Styles.

"Of course, my dad freaked because the firm could get an identity theft law suit. So, the next day he decided he would confront Des. But, it was too late. The family's bank account...trusts and everything was wiped out along with the firm's savings."

"Then how-" I started, but Lola cut me off as if I hadn't spoken.

"We were broke. So, I formulated a plan...a plan that included bankrupting Harry Styles."

---

End of Flashback in a Flashback

---

I gaped. "You tried to bankrupt Harry?" I demanded. I turned to Shane. "And because he outed you to my dad, you wanted to join in?"

--- End of Flashback ---

So, I haven't really talked to any of them since then, and I don't plan on it. I really wanted to tell Harry what was happening, but I'm not completely sure that's a good idea.

"Then you never have to see me again."

I was so upset and I didn't have time to really look at his face. But, looking back on it now, I could see the hurt. Dammit, Bridge. Just dammit.

---

Just a short, explanatory chapter on what Harry had told Bridgit during their...cough, cough...fake sex.

Also, go check out my new book. It's called Tattooed Hearts.

Please vote and comment!

xoxo