[thirty-four]

Hurricane Chapter 34

Harry's POV

I sat there, in silence, as Bridgit said her final words with an identifiable sob.

"And I know I should've told you earlier, but what I said at the hospital...it would've made me a hypocritical bitch. And anyways, I didn't no if you hated me or not."

I heard her sniffle. It was a lot to take in, I give you that.

I stood up and I think she must've heard the floor creak because when a flash of lightning lit up the sky, I could see the worried expression under the tears running down her face.

I reached down and stood her up. Once she was balance and on her feet, I pulled her into a hug. Her head rested right under my chin and she didn't seem to mind that I was still wet from the rain.

Though she swears I've put up with her crap, I've put her through the same amount, if not more.

"Number 5?" She whispered.

"Number 5."

I put my hand threw her hair.

"Wanna do it?"

I felt her head come off of my chest and knew she was looking at me with wide eyes. A moment later, she laughed.

"With your dad downstairs? Gross. I'm deprived, but not that deprived."

I laughed, but then, my expression turned serious. "Move to New Zealand with me."

"What?"

"No actually move but...the boys and I are going to start our tour there and if you couldn't at least be in our amazing movie, you should at least been on stage with us."

I felt her nod her head against my chest. "I would love to go on tour with you."

I smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Now, shoo and get rid of your dad."

I laughed and jogged out of the room.

Bridgit's POV

I sighed and looked at my phone. I scrolled through my contacts, and, by some miracle, Lola was still on there.

I called her and she picked up on the third ring.

"Bridgit?"

"Look, Lola, I know we haven't been on the best of terms, so I'm going to say this: touch anything close to Harry and I will chop your hands off."

Silence.

"And that's not a threat: that's a promise."

I hung up and tossed my phone onto the bedside table. I sprawled out across the bed and looked up at the ceiling. A moment later, I heard Harry come in.

"What did you tell him?" I asked, moving my head towards him as he got onto the bed, his entire body facing me.

"That I can't talk now," he replied. He stroked my cheek with his thumb and I took his hand, resting my head against it.

"Do you still love me, Bridge?" He asked softly. I closed my eyes.

"Of course I do."

"Even when I'm being a dick?"

"Even then."

---

"Oh my gawd, Bridgit, what da hayl??"

My eyes snapped open to see a face looming over me. I groaned and swatted Jonas away.

"How did you find me?" I demanded. "This is literally private property!"