The middle

🌜Hello lovely readers, I hope you are all still enjoying this story. I have so much planned in the upcoming chapters and its following stories. I hope no one is getting lost with anything but if that is the case feel free to either comment or message me! I love hearing your feedback, even when it if its not exactly positive. Everything you tell me only helps me to write better. There will be more people coming into this story, after all they all building a rebellion. So please if you get confused on who's who or what they are please just ask and I will be happy to explain. Thank you BloodDollRaven for your awesome insight, it truly helped. Everyone please enjoy.🌛

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••FORSAKEN KIN'S POV•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I think that this is the worst idea Skyler has ever had. Currently we are heading back to our cabin, all of us including Koa, who has refuses to explain anything more to us until we have ALL of us together to hear it. Damn it because you k ow Nothing could go wrong with this idea! I don't like him being so close to Skyler, nor do I think it's right for Skyler to be so trusting.

I haven't taken my eyes off of Koa since he insisted on coming with us. He is now walking ahead if me and Severin. And right next to Skyler. They are locked deep in a conversation, but I'm to preoccupied with my observation of his every movement to pay any attention to it.

Before I have time to truly analyze and determine whether he means any of us any harm we are back at the cabin. "Wait out here with them, I'm gong to go in and explain things to the others" Severin states before disappearing through the door, leaving me staring distasteful at Koa an he stares in awe at Skyler, who currently looks extremely uncomfortable. Speaking though our link I tell him," relax little one, I'm here. We will get this all figured out." "That's what I'm afraid of, I terrified of what he has to say. What it will mean for the future, and not only us."

It was at that moment that the door swung open and everyone stepped out of the house and on to the porch. "What is this all about?" Zeke asks while walking over to Skyler and wrapping his arms firmly around him and glaring directly at me. Okay well, sure lets completely ignore the stranger among us in favor of glaring at me, what a grand idea! Morons they are everywhere I tell you. "Yes who's the only so yummy panther?" Rayven bluntly asked. "My name is Koa, and I already know who you are, no need to waste time with introductions. I want to fight with you, to help you. Goodwin and his army need to fall, and I know that only with your help can that happen." Koa states without wasting a single moment.

"Sure little kitty, and I once ate the pope." Rayven said. "You should watch what you say Rayven, and I also happens I know that it wasn't you who ate the pope it was Severin. What must I so to prove my devotion to the cause?" Koa asked. In the blink of an eye Rayven was in front of Koa with his hissing at him, complete with fangs. "How the hell do you know any of this? That would be a damn good start to all of this. Not a soul should know that, except for Severin and myself."

"Very well, since telling you may just be to my benefit. Around four years ago almost my entire community of panthers was brutally murdered, by Goodwin. Among the survivors was a young girl of 15 who told me of her boyfriends older brother, he and his family are some of the few non-Weres in our inner circles. She told me I needed to go see him, that he had something for me, to help me with mission. Thinking she meant revenge I did as she said, and met up with him. Now I had no idea what to expect, but when I go there it was more than what I had thought was possible" during his explanation he had been rubbing at this throat but stopped as he continued his tale.

"When I got there a man, not much older than myself, and covered in colorful tattoos stepped out of the house to greet me, he knew my name and why I was there and even claimed to know exactly when I would arrive, but I knew for fact no one had told him. After introducing himself as Thorne and informing me as to what he was, a warlock, he took me inside and say me down to tell me everything. He told me of a rebellion that would form, that the leader would be powerful then even himself, that he was the catalyst in the death of my people, but that he was unaware of the part he had played. He told me of you Skyler, and Spyke. That you would complete the connection once you were together again, which is why your parents separated you at birth. They knew the power you would hold together. I knew if Forsaken Kin, the hybrid an his devotion to Skyler, as well as Severin, the bastard son of a king. Of Zeke, the alpha of the brightest pack to ever form and of you Rayven, the vampire who shouldn't be, the one who has a light within that no other creature of darkness has seen before." As he speaks he looks at all of us in turn.

"I also know that before the night is though we shall have visitors, and not all shall mean the group harm." At his last words you could see the visible change in everyone's demeanor. It was as though a flip was switched an we all went on high alert.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••SKYLER'S POV••••••••••••••••••••

I can't shake the feelings I have that we can trust Koa, that he was truly here to help, and it has nothing to do with the fact that he seems to know things about all of us, about me and my brother. He could have more answers, or know where I can get them from at the very least.

Shaking myself free of my thoughts I fully absorb what he just said. "Well then we better be ready for them, come on." We all head off in our predetermined directions, to prepare our chosen traps. We would be ready for them when they came. We wouldn't go down with out a fight. Once the last trap was set I turn to head back to the cabin, but stop dead in my tracks when I see the aura winding though the trees just to my right. It was a complex mix of colors, they seemed to blend together while pushing each other away. I know I have never seen anything like it before.

Without a moments hesitation I follow it. I don't know why I would do something so foolish, I just know that I have to do it. The aura calls out to me, like a sirens song. The closer I get to the source the more blurred yet defined the colors become, and then I'm overcome with the smell of grape and lily as I come to the end of the trail. Standing before me in the approaching darkness is the man of complex auras.

As he smiles at me I feel my eyes dropping of their own accord, and can't help but wonder if I was stupid.