Never say never.

🌜Oh my god guys! I can't believe what I'm seeing! 310 reads! You guys are so awesome. Without the support I get from you all I wouldn't still be writing this story. I was listening to THE FRAY NEVER SAY NEVER while starting this chapter, and I think it fits. Just as I have been doing comment to let me know if you want a dedication.🌛

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••ZEKE'S POV••••••••••••••••••••••••••

How can I make him understand that I think I love him already? He knows that he's my mate, he has to, after all Kin said it loud and clear. Yet he has been avoiding me since the hotel. He even chose to sit in the front seat next to Kin leaving the back seat for me and Spyke. Is he that disgusted by being my mate that he would do everything to avoid even the accidental brush of our skin?

Even Spyke has been acting odd since the hotel. He won't even speak to me, no matter how hard I try, and the two combined is really starting to piss me off. Kin sure as shit isn't helping either, I don't think I have ever disliked another being as much as I dislike him. He's arrogant, cocky, and more than just a little creepy. Whenever he turns those cold black eyes towards me I feel the shivers run down my entire body, almost like jumping into the lake just after the thaw.

Currently Kin and Skyler are having a 'pleasant' conversation about hybrids. Kin seems to be rather forthcoming with answers to the questions Skyler asks him yet very closed with even the simplest question I ask. I hate that he makes My Mate so comfortable with him, an yet he's still on edge with me. I'm brought back to the present by a soft musical laugh, it rolls over my skin like the sweetest treat.

"Your kidding right? That's really your real name?" Skyler asks a rather amused looking Kin. "Yea pup that's really my name". "Like really really? That's just truly a kick in the pants. Why would someone do that to their child?" He asks. "Simple really pup my mother didn't name me, she never even saw my face and well my father, he was a cold man and truly thought that the child he never wanted yet who killed his mate should have a name that fit. Therefor I was appropriately named Forsaken Kin." Kin spoke as thou he wasn't bothered one bit by the revaluation he shared with Skyler, maybe he was just as cold as his father.

"That's not true, someone out there wants you, I know there has to be," Skyler spoke softly while placing his hand upon Kin's arm and causing a deep and threatening growl to rip from my throat.

Looking extremely amused Kin glances up and stared at me thru the rear view mirror "I wouldn't be threatening me if I were you little alpha." Damn it HE KNEW Skyler was MY MATE yet he was pushing and testing me. Looking over at Skyler I couldn't help but notice the look of confusion as I continued to growl at Kin. Why was he looking at me like that? Surely he understands why I didn't want him touching anyone but me, he has to know how an alpha reacts when their mate is touched or touched by someone other than them.

"I suggest shutting it little alpha unless you want to see what a real alpha can do" Kin growled out thru his elongated canines. Unlike a normal wolf his were longer, more vampire like, his teeth beside his canines were also shaper than most wolves, even an alpha like myself. Watching his eyes flash from the deep midnight black to a stunning deep ocean blue I come to the realization that he has some serious alpha blood in his bloodline. I have alpha on my fathers side, but if I ha to guess by the power Kin is giving off I would wager to say he has alpha blood on both sides. Meaning he is twice as strong a me and there is no way I would be able to beat him. To bad for him though I would die for my mate.

Growling deeper and feeling my wolf on the brink of taking over, probably not the best idea since we are in a moving truck and my chosen target just happens to be the driver. Suddenly realizing that Spyke is growling next to me I glance his way expecting him to be facing Kin, but an stunned to see him growling at me! What the hell?

Deep booming laughter started up from the front seat a I feel the truck pulling over. "Now now pup no need to defend me, I got this covered without you." Kin spoke from the front where he had spun around to look at Spyke. What the hell?

"What the fuck are you taking about? What is he talking about Spyke?" I demanded. Hearing Kin's deep and some how arrogant laugh had me whipping my head around to glare at him. Images of leaping over the seat and tearing his throat out flashed through my mind. Just as I started to launch myself forward I felt a small and delicate hand on my thigh and all I could feel were these amazing sparks running from head to toe. "Don't please," thou it was softly spoken I could feel the emotion flowing off of his words. Nodding my head I push my wolf back and regain full control of my emotions.

"Oh this shit is priceless, it's just like a damn soap opera! When Rayven asked me to help him out I almost said no, but damn am I glad I didn't. This is the best entertainment I have had in over three centuries! Now if I get to kill more mutts my time will be well worth it. Now get the hell out of my car." Looking up I realize we are parked next to a remote cabin in the woods.

Stepping out and into the sunlight I take a look around at our surroundings. Trees, that's the only thing I can see other than the cabin, lifting my nose slightly I catch the scent of water. Must be a lake nearby since I can't here running water.

"Rayven said he would meet us here and that we should wait for him." "Do you really think its a good idea to just sit around and wait for Rayven when those wolves from Skyler's old pack could catch up at any time?" Spyke demanded harshly. I watched as Kin's eyes flashed a brilliant blue before he grabbed Spyke up my his throat leaving his feet dangling about a foot off of the ground. "Don't you ever disrespect me like that again mutt, or so help me I will tear you apart and feast on your entrails. Do I make myself clear?" upon receiving a slight nod Kin dropped him harshly to the ground. "Now you little mutt in the house, and you two why don't you just scamper off and do a perimeter check.

"Now hold on I'd you think for one second we are going to leave Skyler with you then your a lot dumber than I thought, and that's saying something" I couldn't help saying. Once spoken I thought Kin would surly snap my neck, or feast upon my flesh. So you can imagine my utter surprise and disbelief when instead he just threw his head back and laughed. After several moments of him laughing in which we three shared confused looks, Kin finally stopped laughing and wipes imaginary tears from the corners of his eyes. "Really? Damn is that shit funny! Don't worry mutt I'm not going to touch your mate. I already have one of my own."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••SKYLER'S POV••••••••••••••••••••••

Wait a second here! I thought that Spyke was his mate! Is he saying what I think he's saying?

"Your my mate?" I ask Zeke softly. "Yes, yes I am." Zeke said without taking his eyes off if me, his beautiful deep chocolate brown eyes. "I thought I would never find my mate. That I didn't have one." "Never say never babe, there is always a chance in life. You just have to believe that the goddess knew what she was doing when she made out other halves. That fate will bring us to those that love us for eternity," all the while he spoke he walked closer to me until we were just a hairs width apart. Slowly so as not to spook me, even though I had no intention of going anywhere, he lifted his right had up and cupped my cheek and leaned down. Suddenly I knew just what to do, I stood up on my tippy toes so that he wouldn't have to lean down so much I connected my lips with his. His lips tasted better than I thought was even possible. A mix of melon and something so distinctly him. I was getting drunk off of his taste, his touch was burning me from the inside out. Slipping my hands into his dark locks I push myself as close to him as we could get without being naked.

Zeke naked, now that's a thought I didn't need while having his body presses up against mine. A throat being cleared behind me caused me to jump away from Zeke. Blushing fiercely I turn to look at an amused Spyke and a smirking Kin.

"Ok second thought little mutt why don't you and your mate go on in and I will check the perimeter with wolfy over here. Blushing like an innocent school girl I nod and grab Zeke's large hand within my much smaller one an tug him towards the cabin. Now to get to know my mate a little bit better I think.