Doubts

🌜hello once again my amazing readers! You guys are incredible, you make this story come to life. You know I have we writing these huge authors notes, and I just now realized that the only thing I have to say on this chapter is that you all so much! Oh new character joining the cast. Hope you all love him as much as you love everyone else.🌛

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••ZEKE'S POV••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It has been a full day since they went out to train, a full day separated from my mate, and I'm feeling it deep within me. It's not that something is wrong per say, it's just off. I can feel that he isn't in any danger but that he is worried. I don't like feeling this.

I continue to pace the floor as I concentrate on our bond and attempt once more to mind speak with him. I have tried this several times a day since we mated but we can't hear each other. I don't know why I can't speak to him, I have never heard of wolves not being able to connect like this, even if your not mates. Is there something wrong with his wolf?

I turn to face the door as it swing open, revealing my mate walking confidently beside that bastard Kin. I don't like him and I sure as hell don't trust him. Rayven keeps telling me he is harmless and nothing I need to worry about, but I can't help it. There's just something about him, a connection that is shared that makes it impossible.

"Thank you Kin for everything today, I think we should train again tomorrow." my beautiful mate said while looking up into Kin's shadowed face. "Of course little one, anything for you, all you need is but to ask and I shall give." Kin replied while looking down affectionately at MY MATE. No, no I didn't not like that look at all! It's as though they share a secret, a powerful secret.

"Would you like something to eat? I'm sure Kin didn't thought of food the while day while you were out." I interrupt their private moment by speaking up. Visibly startled Skyler turns to face me with a hesitant smile on his face. "Actually I'm not hungry, perhaps I will just head up to bed, I'm very tired after the training today and I need my rest if we are to train again in the morning. Kin, I will be waiting for you outside at 5 am. Is that ok with you?"he asks that arrogant bastard. "Yes little one, I can hunt while you run." With that said both walked past me and up the stairs to their rooms. It was like I wasn't there. I can only pray that I'm not loosing him.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••SKYLER'S POV•••••••••••••••••••••••••

I didn't mean to be so distant to Zeke, it's just that I'm still slightly suffering from the affects of blood lust, and I don't want him to interpret my advances the wrong way. I can't afford to let him put a stop to my training. I NEED to be able to handle myself in a fight, and only Kin can teach me how, and only Kin can fight beside me and protect me. I know that if I were to ever say this to Zeke he would take it the wrong way.

I saw it in a dream, well a vision actually, while sleeping off the majority if the blood lust in the forest I was given a vision. Kin is my protector, well he and another, an without them I and those I care for are doomed to die horrible deaths. In my vision I witnessed part of the up coming battle, and much like the vision I had previous, it was bloody. I know exactly when Goodwin is coming for me, and I know just how many wolves he has assembled to help him.

Laying down on the bed I close my eyes and pray for a dreamless sleep.

~300 large powerful and deeply troubled wolves stalk the woods surrounding the cabin, closing in slowly so as not to alert the beings inside. What the wolves don't know is that the cabin is empty, the group moved on days before, but has left a nasty surprise begins for the wolves inching closer. Just as the first wolf approaches the still cabin a clicking noise stirs the silent air, followed by the pain filled yells of hundreds of wolves as the fire reaches out to gather the stunned wolves into be open arms.~

Jerking awake I come to terms with the simple facts that before this is over many wolves will have lost their lives, and that the visions will not stop until this is finished and Alpha Goodwin lays cold and dead at my feet.

=======================TIME PASSES=======================

Stepping out the door and into the early morning air I can't help but sigh, I know what soon things are going to change, and they will never be the same. I feel a warm and comforting presence behind me, and I lean into as the arms come to rest loosely around me. "What's wrong little one?" Kin's deep voice asks lightly in my ear. "Just thinking about the visions Kinny, they are coming more an more now and I fear that I will not be ready by the time they come to pass."

Kin slowly releases his hold on me and steps around so that he is standing directly in front of me now. " I promised you that I would protect you didn't I?"he inquires. "Yes you did but I" he interrupts me by saying "now little one I will not hear any of that. There is a reason you are here and it isn't to be a slave, or to die just as you finally are starting to live. I will not allow it. Now one we have much to do, and I'm hungry." With that being said Kin takes off into the underbrush as silent as the wind on a still night. "Run little one, I will meet you in our clearing." He speaks softly in my mind.

After running to our clearing I strip down an shift into my wolf, I know he is somewhere around me, I can see his aura everywhere. He is trying to catch me by surprise, but I will not allow it. Breathing in a deep breath and relaxing my body I draw into myself all of the whispers of the energy of nature, searching for him. There! To my right and closing in fast, I slightly drop my right shoulder as I prepare for him to emerge from the sense growth surrounding us. In the blink of an eye he is just moments from latching his teeth on to my neck. I wait just a moment more until he is a hairs breath from his goal before I drop my upper body down towards the ground, as his body sails over me I push myself back up an into the large body of his wolf, throwing him up into the air and behind me. I anticipate his landing, then spun and lunge at him, attempting to bite his neck and cause him to submit to me, but when I turn he isn't there. Spinning around I see the shadow of his tail in my peripheral vision as he leaps up above me before coming to rest over me again. Sinking his teeth sharply into my shoulder and taking some flesh out as he releases.

Talk about extremely painful, but I will not slow and I will not submit. I need to win this battle. I know of I can defeat Kin I can defeat anyone, including Alpha Goodwin. Turning my body quickly before he has the chance to step back and attack again I snap my jaws closed over his own shoulder and rip his flesh with my canines. Hearing the tearing of flesh almost turns my stomach, until my wolf instincts kick in and causes my mouth to start to water in anticipation of the kill. Quickly releasing his shoulder as he turns his head to grab my scruff I duck down, using my much smaller size to my advantage and sink my teeth into the underside of his throat, cause blood to deep into my mouth, but not a large amount to indicate a killing bite. "Good my little one, I'm so proud of you." I hear him say in my head as I release him and step back. "Now we are going to learn more ways to use your size as an advantage."

After several hours of him training me how to go for the render areas on a wolves body by taking advantage of my size we collapse side by side on the forest floor. He's the first to shift back as he leans into my side and runs his fingers through my fur, his fingers tangling in the blood drenched portions. "Come now, it's time to heal you"he mummers into my neck. Shifting back to my human form I curl up against his blood and dirty covered body and sink my teeth into his neck as his fingers dance across the flesh o my back. I know that there is a chance of loosing myself as I take what I need to heal, but I k ow no matter how far gone I am that Kin would never allow me to take it past what we would be able to come back from.

A short time later as I push my body closer to his, I become aware of a presence approaching us on the clearing. Breaking away from Kin I look up into the darkest eyes I have ever seen.

"Now what do we have here little brother?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••KIN'S POV••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

No! It can't be!