Better than me.

🌜Hello again my amazing readers! I'm so stunned at all the reads I have gotten on this story, all the awesome comments! You all make me so happy with your support and touching comments about my characters, they have come to life thanks to all of you. I want to give a special shout out to a couple of people, prepare yourself cause you know it's coming....yea you BloodDollRaven you knew it was coming. (Blush blush I say!) A_wheeler you are an amazing writer as well and you have been really supportive. Finally tomthumb, you are so awesome with all of your great comments and the great conversations we have had. Okay I wrote this entire chapter while listening to Hinder songs, great music to get my writing flowing, I just hope that damn fiend typo doesn't come poke me in the eye again.......BloodDollRaven its all your fault! Lol. Okay crazy spiel over enjoy! Oh yea and incase you forgot ~this means a dream.🌛

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••SKYLER'S POV••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~I run as fast as I can, leaping over fallen trees and feeling the branches tearing at my flesh, but I can't stop. If I so he's dead. I can feel his pain wracking through my body, please I can't be to late. I won't survive if I can't save him. This is my fault, he's dying and it's my fault! He would have been safe if I never came into his life, he would be home with his pack, not being slowly torn apart by Goodwin. I can not let him die like the others.

I push myself harder feeling a sharp pain flash across my side, yet knowing in my heart it isn't my pain I'm feeling. Finally after what feels like hours of running I break through into a clearing, and come to a dead stop at the sight layers out before me. Close to a hundred wolves form a circle around two very large wolves, clearly of alpha blood. One is dark brown with a scar running down his back causing a jagged line that hair will not grow on. The other a midnight black, with blood all over his side. My mate, so badly hurt because of Me and momentary distracted by my sudden appearance, suddenly and brutally falls prey to my capture and nightmare, Alpha Goodwin. It all happened so fast, he took his concentration off of the fight for one split second, but that was all that was needed for him to fall.

Falling to my knees and letting a howl if pain and loss rip through my body, I feel myself shift against my will, and that's when I feel IT.~

I sit straight up and scream with every ounce of strength I have left within me after the dream I just had I slowly realize that everyone is staring at me. When I say everyone I mean everyone, Zeke, Spyke, Kin and Rayven. I clear my throat as the last bit of air escapes my lungs. "Um what are you all staring at?" I ask huskily thanks to having been screaming for so long. A rather startled Zeke was the first to speak up, "are you aware that you aware that you have been screaming for the past three hours? We tried everything to wake you up. Nothing was working. We were just talking about having Kin or Rayven bite you to try to snap you out of it. You were really scaring me."

Three hours? "Wait a minute what time is it? When did Rayven get here?" "It's 11 pm and Rayven arrived yesterday, you have been sleeping since we sealed our mate bond." Zeke responded almost hesitantly. He's kidding right? That means I have been sleeping for 18 hours! "You let me sleep for 18 hours and didn't once think that was a little weird?" I was practically shouting by the end of my sentence.

"Well no, I mean mating seemed to take a lot out of you. I just figured you needed your rest after completing the bond with an alpha." "Don't get over confident it had nothing to do with that, so you can stop planning your bragging rights. I gave you to much of my energy. When I bit you my energies flowed between us. Because of me biting you I insisted you with my energies, heightening your abilities. That's why Goodwin is so desperate to get me back. I'm like a walking howling battery. Why his pack is so strong and powerful. I have been fueling his war wolves, making them faster and stronger. They can't afford to loose me, after the full moon they will go back to the way they were before. I need to bite them all every month."