Confused much?

🌜Hello my lovelies! Yes I'm updating again, I am fueled by your comments and votes to keep going. Thank you all so much for your support in my first posted story. If you would like a dedication all you have to do is comment and I will dedicate the next chapter to you!🌛

-•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••ZEKE'S POV•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ok I'm so confused! I just don't know how to react with this. It just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Ok here let me fill you in on my inner turmoil here, first off why didn't Spyke tell Skyler I was his mate, and second off why didn't Skyler know on instinct I was his mate? He's a wolf I can smell his inner wolf as he sits beside me in the back of the black SUV we are currently in as it travels at break neck speed down the almost deserted highway. It's currently 4AM and there isn't a car insight heading north with us. I sigh in relief that there doesn't appear to be anyone following us, and turn to Skyler beside me in the seat and study his face the best I can without seeming like a creeper.

"Um may I inquire as to why your staring at me? Your kind of looking like a creeper and its making me nervous." my beautiful mate asked me. Oh crap so much for the not looking like a creeper plan. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you I was just curios was all."

"Curios about what? I'm just a little wolf runt, nothing important." Why must he say something so wrong about himself. There wasn't a thin wrong with him, he was truly perfect in every way to me. Before I could open my mouth and tell him just what I thought of him I heard Spykes voice from the passenger seat "hey don't say the shot about yourself! You are special, your my brother and that means something."

"If it meant something I wouldn't have been left alone to die in the damn woods while you apparently had the perfect life while I suffered in agony my whole life as Alpha beat me for every little thing, whether I did a damn thing wrong or not! So don't you dare lie an tell me you thought of me every day and misses me while you had a damn silver spoon in your mouth and had everything handed to you!" his voice bounced off the walls in the confines of the SUV startling all of us with the depth and volume of his anger, and the sadness behind it all. I just wanted to take him into my arms and comfort him. Kiss him until all of his pain melted away an all he could feel was the depths of my love for him.

Sighing Spyke spoke slowly and softly so as not to further anger his brother "your right, never did I ever think about you" a soft gasp echoed from beside me, as Spykes words sunk in "but that was ONLY because I never knew about you. Had I known before three weeks ago I wouldn't have tested until you were safe and with me again, as you are now. The moment I found out about you I tried to leave, but Zeke wouldn't let me. He refused to let me throw my chances away. He made me finish my senior year of school while helping me plot and map out the places you could be, as well as helping me learn to connect to you. The visions you have been having were me reaching out to you the moment I learned of you. So don't you DARE say I don't care about you! I am Ruskin my life for you! Zeke is risking his life and his entire pack to help you! Hell even Rayven is risking every being he has to help us help you! So stop feeling sorry for yourself and man up because we need you to be strong and become a solid front beside us to ensure we all survive this when your alpha comes looking for you. You don't understand how dangerous this is for us, we are setting ourselves against one of the strongest an most deadly packs anywhere. VERTA MORTI is a death sentence to go up against. We knew all of this but still we came for you. Now tell me again that I don't care about you." by the end if his outburst he was screaming and fighting his wolf for control, and Skyler, well Skyler was crying and desperately trying to hide it.

I wanted so bad to snap and lash out at Spyke for upsetting my mate but I knew I couldn't. He did it to make him understand he was wrong, we did care. Running a hand over my face and glaring at Spyke as Skyler let a harsh son escape his full lips, I pull him across the car and into my arms. Running my hands up and down his slender back an whispering soothing words to try to calm him, I glance out the window and realize we are no longer alone on the road.

"Hey I guys I think we have company!" "Oh snap I think your right, hang on my little wolfys this might get a little bumpy." Rayven spoke rather excitedly as he looked around, almost like he was looking for something. "Oh yea that's what I'm talking bout bitches! Kin my darling you have done it again! Hold on guys and prepare take this show off road." Rayven was laughing like a maniacal he jerked the wheel an sent the SUV careening off road and out if sight of the four cars behind us.

"Almost there my bitches, prepare to tuck and roll!" "What the hell do you mean tuck and roll?" came the hoarse and shaking reply of my mate. "Just what I said wolfy, tuck and roll. Head due west to THE NORTHERN STAR motel and I will meet up with you there. I have to get rid of these naughty mutts. Now when I say jump you damn well jump!"

"But I-I-I-I can't, I don't heal the same way as other wolves. It might just kill me!" spoke Skyler. "Shhh don't worry love I will keep you safe. Just hold on to me and I will take the worst of it." I found myself saying without even thinking.

"The time for thinking is done, now it's time to jump, now!" Rayven yelled as he took a sharp left and drove the SUV behind a huge rock outcropping, I looked up and nodded at Spyke as I gathered Skyler up into my arms am leapt from the speeding truck. Turning myself in mid air I managed to take the entire force of the landing on my own body before rolling across the ground to get begin the rock wall beside us. Pulling myself into a sitting position I hear rocks moving beside me and know that Spyke had made it out of the truck and is coming up next to us.

Looking down I uncurl my arms from around Skyler to look for any injuries, there's blood smeared across his face and neck but I know it isn't his blood, it's mine and judging from the pain in my side it's a fair guess to say its deep and jagged. Most likely from a rock when I landed. Oh well I'm an alpha wolf it would heal before to long. Besides my blood smeared over him I couldn't detect any other traces of blood. "Are you hurt?" I inquire. "No I'm not hurt I'm fine, but oh my stars your bleeding! Oh my what do I so? Are you going to make it? Oh I knew I shouldn't have let you do that. Now your going to die an its all my fault!" he sputtered out.

Looking over at an amused Spyke I can help but start laughing. "Why the heck are you laughing? Your going to die and all you can do is laugh! What is wrong with you?" he quickly said. "Hey hey hey now, don't worry I'm fine" I say as I gently place me hands on his cheeks as run my thumb over his checks and smile at him "I have had worse from sparing with pack member during training."

"Are you sure your ok?" "Yea I'm fine, see its already healing" I say as I lift my shirt up to show him. The flicker of appreciation at seeing my bare chest. Well now I know he isn't unaffected by the pull.

"Okay guys come on let's get going to THE NORTHERN STAR and meet back up with Rayven. The sooner we get there the sooner we can get the hell home." Spyke spoke up breaking the trance Skyler seemed to be in. "Um yea good idea. Come on let's go," my beautiful mate said.