Chapter Seventeen!

Ok guys. As promised, for those of who you read my statuses (not that you should or anything), I uploaded twice! Double upload. This is my mini present to u guys. So please please vote and comment. I want to hear what u guys think. What do u think will happen? etc etc.

So.....HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope u guys enter 2012 smiling and dancing like I will be! 

Love u all xx

CHAPTER 17

MAXINE’S POV

To say I was excited would have been an understatement. I, Maxine Rivers, was going on a date with my boss. My very sexy boss to be exact actually I screamed internally. I was now glad that I had taken that all too important plunge that I’d been trying to avoid for the past weeks and finally admit my feelings to John. Although it had taken a while, I’m glad I got there in the end. And now, I was going on a date with him!

I opened the door to my apartment and smiled. Today had been a good day and I had a little feeling that it could only get better with the date that I was going on.

Dropping my bags on the floor and switching on the lights in my living room, I started to do a happy dance which consisted of me throwing my hands up in the air and shaking my ass like no man’s business.

‘I’m going out on a daaaate. A daaaate.’ I screamed.

Suddenly my phone started to ring and I had no choice but to break out of my happy dance and grudgingly pick it up.

‘Hello, Maxine speaking.’

‘Well don’t you sound happy.’

I nearly screamed down the phone.

‘Caroline! After how many years, you finally decide to call your sister? Wow.’ I shouted.

My sister and I were very close and it was so unfortunate that she was all the way in Canada while I was in England so we hardly ever got to talk. She ran her own interior designing business and enjoyed the quite life of Canada. But all the peace and quiet would soon be disturbed because Caroline and her husband-Drake, were expecting their first child.

‘I know I know I know. I’m so sorry. But you could have called me too you know.’

‘That’s a very good point. But you forget that most of the times that I actually bother to pick up the phone and call you, you’re hardly ever there. You’re either in the office or at some function with Drake. How’s my little niece or nephew coming along.’ I asked excitedly.

I was ecstatic to be an aunty for the first time. I had already promised myself that during the last weeks of Caroline’s pregnancy, I was going to fly over there and do the best I could to help out. I wanted to be there when my big sister gave birth to her baby.

‘let’s just say I know how it feels to be the ground when men are playing football. Honestly! This baby is way too hyper. I don’t know if they know this, but Momma is tired of being kicked like that.’

I laughed at her. I knew that truly, Caroline was very excited. When we were younger, she was the one out of the both of us who wanted to have the big house with loads of kids and the perfect husband. She was a classic girl who simply wanted the picture perfect family and I was so happy that that dream seemed to be coming true for her.

‘Whatever. You know you love the experience. Besides, you’re going to have to get used to it. Remember, you wanted ten kids?’

I heard the nervous laugh that my sister pulled out whenever she was rethinking one of the plans that she had made in the past.