BONUS CHAPTER (1.5): The Girl with the Bouquet [Andrew's POV]

****This is a flashback to the wedding, and is told from Andrew's perspective. Enjoy the bonus chapter!*****

I hadn't had a single drop of alcohol, but I felt positively hungover the morning of Joel Mcnarie's wedding.  

I'd bee up late, thinking about some girl I'd met and feeling antsy in a hotel room.  

"Dude, wake up," Steven said, smacking me. Steven, one of my closest friends and band mates, was never one to beat around the bush. So when he hit me in the face, I knew it was because I looked half alive.  

"I didn't sleep at all last night. What time does Joel get back from breakfast with Angie?" 

"Twenty minutes," Steven said. "I can't believe he's getting married. Were officially old now." 

"No, he's older than us," I said. "But it does make me acutely aware of my single status." 

"Don't do that; don't be a chick." 

"I just thought I'd be settled down with...." 

I didn't say her name, the girl who'd broken my heart and taken half of my dining room set. Steven rolled his eyes and got up, pouring a cup of coffee from the hotel room we were in. 

"What you need is a hookup," Steven said. "I mean, you always find these crazy women and try to make roots with them. You need to have fun, live a little..." 

"Like you do?" I asked. "Just tell me asshole, who is the girl you've been writing all that whiny poetry about. What was my favorite line, 'I see you, but in your eyes I am just a shifting shadow, forever forgotten.' God, it's so morose and cliche."

"Stop deflecting dude," Steven said. "Let's be real, you need to get over the bitch." 

"I've been over her. For a long time. I'm just not entirely over what happened with Riley, I loved that kid."  

"Whatever, you should have a rebound night with some chick. Weddings are just the place to meet a girl." 

"What about Angela's cousin? She was so cute last night at the concert. I thought we had something, chemistry." 

Their band had performed last night, and Angela (Joel's fiancé) had come backstage with her bridal party. I had spent the entire night trying to flirt with Ann, only to be rebuffed by her shy and quiet nature. To be honest, her reservations had only piqued My interest.  

"Dude, no," Steven said. "You can't have a casual hookup with Joel's in laws. You need some random girl, like the photographer or the wedding planner." 

"Ann is the wedding planner," I quipped. "Besides, I don't do casual. I've already pictured what our babies will look like..." 

"DUDE, calm down. You're being a chick, again. Just stay away from Ann, ok? I can see the crazy in your eyes, and I get the feeling that girl is trouble." 

"Yeah. A 5'3 wedding planner with a dazzling smile is going to murder me in my sleep, clearly." 

"Tiny girls with sparkling smiles are your Achilles heel, man." 

"Well, not this time," Andrew said. "I'm going to get her to dance with me, woo her, and live happily ever after." 

"Whatever," Steven said. "I'm going to raid the mini bar. Hey, is your family coming to this shindig?" 

"Nah," Andrew said. "They were all busy. Gia is at some registration thing for UCLA, and she was pissed she had to miss it. Why do you ask?" 

"No reason," Andrew said, cracking open a bottle of something clear. "Just behave tonight, ok? If you want to flirt with Angela's cousin, it's your deal. But maybe wait a few days before proposing."