Chapter 9: Second Day Skirt

“Andrew, wake up,” I said softly. “We fell asleep, Andrew…”

He quickly stirred, looking around like he was utterly confused.

“Ann, what are you doing here? Am I dreaming?”

“No, silly boy,” I said “We were talking out here last night…I don’t know when or how, but we fell asleep.”

“Oh, right? What time is it?”

“It’s only six, but I need to get ready. I have to be on time for work today…Do you think Gia will let me borrow an outfit?”

“Probably, since I’m sure she already knows you’re still here. I’m seriously reconsidering the whole sister roommate thing, especially if you’re going to come over more.”

“Well, I do have an apartment,” I said. “It’s probably the size of your closet, but it’s private.”

“Good to know,” Andrew said. “Ready to face Gia?”

“Yep,” I said. We stood up and walked inside, and I only briefly wonder how awful I looked with my hair fussed up. Andrew, of course, looked exactly the same as he always did.

          “Good morning,” Gia said, turning from the stove. Much to my delight, she was cooking eggs and bacon, and the smell was making me tremble because I was starving.

“Gia, I love you,” Andrew said, grabbing a plate. “I’d starve without her.”

“You better learn to cook before I move out,” Gia said. “Or just have Ann move in. I was certainly surprised when I got up to run this morning and saw your “not my girlfriend’s” car still in the driveway. Although I expected you to come out your bedroom. What kind of sex were you having out there?”

I probably looked like an idiot because my mouth instantly hung open in surprise. Of course she thought that we’d, well, you know. I suppose when most girls sleepover, they probably also slept over.

“Gia, calm down. We didn’t…We just fell asleep. There was nothing salacious going on here.”

“Way to use your SAT words, bro,” Gia replied.

“Gia, could I borrow some clothes for today? I don’t have time to run back to my apartment before work.”

“Yeah, but I’m sort of a jeans and t-shirt kind of a girl. I don’t know if I’ll be able to help.”

“It’s fine,” I said. “I can re-wear this skirt if I have a different top and maybe a jacket.”

“I’ll hook you up,” Gia said. “But you’ll need a belt or something. I’m a little curvier than you, you skinny little thing.”

                Gia had a point. At my short height of 5’3, I was pretty petite. I had been nicknamed squirt, munchkin, and skinny-mini by half of the people I knew from high school. With my heels I managed to reach 5’5 or sometimes even 5’6, but I was still small and nearly flat chested. But I was proud of the small hips I did have, along with my almost B-cups. Gia was at least 5’6, without heels, and she had an hourglass figure you’d pay a lot of money to get here in LA.

“We can manage,” I said. Andrew didn’t hear a word of our body types conversation, because he was lost in his bacon filled world.

“Ok, well, you can use my shower and my closet, but first, let’s eat.”

“Sounds good,” I said.

“Just think Ann, if you sleep over more often, we can have breakfast together a lot.” Gia beamed as she said this. Suddenly I got a little nervous, realizing that I didn’t know if or when I’d want to get to the sleeping over phase of life. I knew the standard societal rule of dating was after three dates, you tended to get naked. But that rule seemed too rash to me. And deciding to trade in your V-card was a big deal. As Andrew poked at his eggs, I realized I was overthinking things. It was just breakfast after all, I didn’t need to plan out our whole relationship.