Chapter 12: Free Falling

Wearing my new skirt that Lacy had stubbornly bought for me, I arrived at Andrew's house. I rang the doorbell, immediately greeted by a familiar face I was growing accustomed to seeing. 

"Hey you," Andrew said, giving me a sideways grin. "Come on in."

I stepped inside and glanced around, noting that Gia wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"Where's your sister?" I asked.

"She left to get supplies. Most of her friends show up an hour late, unlike you, who is here twenty minutes early."

"I could leave if you'd prefer that," I said, raising my eyebrows.

"Absolutely not. Besides, punctuality is kind of hot."

"Uh huh," I said. "I didn't think you'd throw me out. I guess we're alone, unless Steven is here somewhere."

"No, he is also late," Andrew said. "So it's just us."

I smiled and realized that even though we were "officially dating", I still was unsure what to do around Andrew. I got so nervous and we didn't have that routine interaction yet. Hesitantly, I reached in for a hug, deciding it was a good habit to make. He squeezed me and I inhaled deeply, realizing I loved his hugs.

"Hey," Andrew said, kissing my forehead briefly between words. "Did you even see the upstairs part of the house? I mean, I know you've been downstairs and in Gia's room."

"Andrew Sinclair, are you trying to get me up to your bedroom?" I was joking, but he blushed immediately when I spoke. It was nice to make Andrew blush for a change.

"No, although there is some merit to that idea...But I was actually thinking I'd show you my studio."

"Oh, you have a studio in your house? With recording equipment and instruments and stuff."

"I am a professional musician," Andrew said. "I like to record when I'm practicing, and listen to it later. It's sort of a self-reflective thing. Steven and I will play some stuff later tonight, and we'll use the studio."

"Awesome," I said. "I think I have to see this studio now that you've hyped it up."

We walked up the stairs and I followed Andrew down the hallway, glancing at the photos on the wall. Andrew had pictures of his family and the band, and a lot of pictures of Andrew and Gia.

"Have you and Gia always been close?" I asked. 

"Yeah. Some girls think it's weird, but it's nice to have a sister like her. She and I just vibe well. We always got along, and I have actually enjoyed her as a roommate."

"Ah, you're such a sweetie Andrew." 

"I'll take that as a compliment," He said. "Here we are."

He opened the door and I gasped as I took in the details. On one side of the room, there was a small glass subsection with big switchboards and computers. On the other half was an open space with a few chairs and music stands, and a small arsenal of instruments. A Djembe, three bass guitars, a small keyboard, and two acoustic guitars were sitting on stands in a half circle. There was also a closet, which I am guessing had more instruments. 

"I thought you just played bass," I said. I couldn't help but touch one of the acoustic guitars, which had a reddish wood stain to it. It was a Gibson, and it was the most beautiful guitar I'd ever seen.

"I am somewhat of a collector, you could say. But I do dabble with other instruments, like the keys and acoustic. I mean, playing bass is a part of who I am, but I like to cut loose with some other things. There's even a saxophone in my closet."