BONUS CHAPTER: The Friendzone [ SUZY'S POV ]

(((SO this is a bonus chapter, and it flashes back a little bit. It's from Suzy's perspective, and I wrote it because somehow "Rozy" became one of my favorite potential couples, even if they didn't get much screen time during The Intern. So here is a little bit from Suzy, and is all about their first date. Enjoy!)))

There are three kinds of guys who it is generally inadvisable to date: bosses, close friends, and your roommate's ex-boyfriend. So naturally I have spent the last year or so secretly pining after the one guy who is all three of those things, and just so happens to think of me as his closest platonic friend. I'd helped him through two rough breakups and other tragedies, and I  live in the friend zone. Robert Del Vaughnn and I have worked together for two years, and as far as I can tell, he's never once stopped to notice that I happen to be a semi desirable woman. So when he called me into his office, I expected nothing but the usual office talk and friendly gossip. I promptly stood up, waltzed over, my blue skirt flowing as I walked. For some reason, I worked with mostly women and all of my female coworkers were always looking runway ready. Clearly they were all were pining after our sexy boss as well, but it still made me roll my eyes every time I walked past a girl with perfectly primping on a Monday.

"Hey Suzy," Robert said. "I need to talk to you..."

He was wearing his usual suit, which had once gotten him the nickname Mr. Armani, and his black hair was slicked back in a way that made his eyes pop out at me. Why did he have to be so handsome, on top of being the guy she could always talk to or share a laugh with? If he wasn't so wonderful, I could easily down a bottle of tequila and find some hot guy at club to move on with. Not that there was anything to move on from, since we'd never

"Is everything ok?" I suddenly got a paranoid feeling that Robert might asked why they were so many Starbucks charges on the company credit card. His smile softened my fears.

"Of course," Robert said. "I mean, I have a personal problem and I need your help. I feel like an idiot for asking this in this way..."

"Spit it out Del Vaughnn," I said. "What's wrong now? Is it your mother or your exes?"

"Neither, well sort of a problem with Lucy, but that's not it."

Lucy was Robert's ex fiancé, who was equal parts crazy and rich. She had faked a pregnancy to force Robert's proposal, then wound up actually pregnant. The couple broke up, she tragically miscarried, and now Lucy has run off into the sunset with some half prince from Europe. Every time Robert said the word "Lucy" his eyes did a slight twitch. Robert had come a long way since they'd broken up, and I was sincerely proud of my friend's growth. There's that word again, friend.

"You see, Lucy actually invited me to some charity ball. Normally I'd decline and send a check, but our company regularly donates to the Boys and Girls Club, so I really should make an appearance."

Robert licked his lips after he spoke, making my mind flurry with a billion very detailed thoughts. I internally scolded myself, straightening up

"Ah, and you need me to help you pick out a date to make Lucy jealous," I whispered. "Who are your options?"

"Well, see that's the thing," Robert said. "I'm not so concerned with who will make Lucy jealous; I doubt I will even see her. I just, I want to ask a particular girl, but I don't know how she'll react."

"Ok," I said, sighing. He liked someone, great. "Just ask her Robert. I mean, you're a nice guy and any girl would be crazy not to say yes."

"Alright," Robert said, looking down for a moment. "So, what are you doing Saturday?"

"What?" I asked, taken aback. Did he just ask me to go? My face must have looked utterly blank.

"Oh God, its awkward isn't it?" Robert asked. "This is why I put off asking you until now, the Friday before, because I didn't want to make you uncomfortable. Suzy, we've been friends for a long time, and if it's too weird for us to go together..."