18

"Are you staying home today with us Jayde?" Mum asks just as I've woken up. My phone rings cutting me off.

"One second" I tell mum. "Hello?"

"Jayde hey, we're going shopping today wanna come?" Shan asks. I look at mum and decide to go, it's back to school tomorrow so I might as well make the most of the rest of the weekend.

"Yeah sure." I say.

"Okay pick you up in five." She says before hanging up. I look at mum and she looks sad.

"Sorry going out shopping with my friends, but I'll be home for dinner, promise." I say before running upstairs to get ready. 20 mins later I hear a car horn outside, telling me they're there. 5 mins my ass. I rush outside and get into the car.

"What took you so long?" I laugh. Then I see who's driving. "Ah never mind, I know why now" i say, making Shannon laugh and Louis pout.

When we arrive at the shopping centre we take the lift down to the shopping level.

"River island first" Shannon cheers, dragging me by my arm. She then grabs nialls hand and drags him along too. I laugh at her excitement. Louis is dragging slowly behind us. I get out of her grip and Louis puts his arm around my shoulder.

"Is the big city girl starting to like small country living?" he says in my ear in a low voice.

"Maybe she is, just a little," I reply, but don't shrug him off this time. I have no reason to -I walk around this way with my guy mates in London all the time. He smiles at me and for some reason I half smile back at him. His smile is contagious, the kind that could charm the knickers off the wicked witch of the west.