44

I leave the hospital and text Louis. Where are you? I'm starting to get worried now because it's been a few hours since he run off and I thought he would have at least contacted me by now.

I get in my car and check to see there's still no reply. I pull out of the hospital and reach the highway, I turn in the direction of Louis's house, unable to stop myself.

This isn't like him. I have no idea what I am going to do when I get to the house. I just need to make sure everything is okay with him.

Panic washes over me when I see the flashing lights in my rear view mirror. I pull over, but the cop whizzes on past me. I move back onto the road and follow after them, not caring about my speeding too. The ambulance are already at the house along with another officer parked across the street.

I stop, frozen for a moment as my worst fears begin to hick in.

I leap out and ran toward the house. "Hold it there, kid!" An officer steps up to stop me.

"That's my boyfriend and friend in there!" I shout, pushing away before he catches me by the arm again.

"Hey. Listen to me," he says as he tries to stop  me from struggling.

"Let go!" I yank my arm away and run inside.

The sight before me is worst than any nightmare. There is blood everywhere, Shan is weeping on the floor next to her mum.

"SHAN?" I shout. "What's happened? Where's Louis?" I panic. She looks up and sees me, running up to me.

"I'm so sorry I didn't believe you." She cries, pulling me into a hug.

"Its okay, but where's Louis?" I ask her, pulling away so I can see her face.

"At the police station" she cries.