19

Shan is holding up two pairs of jeans, trying to decide between them.

"Baby, they look the same." Niall runs a hand through his hair.

"No, they're not the same." She turns to me, surprisingly not bothered by Louis's arm around me. "Jayde, they're different aren't they?" I nod in agreement and point to the right pair.

"They're a shade darker, and the stitching is different." I spin both pairs round. "Not to mention, the right ones have back pockets and the left ones don't."

"Then you should go for the right ones." Louis adds his opinion.

"Why? What if she likes the left pair better?" I turn around to face him.

"Because Niall likes resting his hands in the back pockets of her jeans. All guys do." He shrugs. I look at Shan and she shrugs too.

"Right pair it is then," she decides, handing them to Niall and putting the left ones back. I've always thought I knew a lot about guys and relationships but clearly, I'm only just starting to learn. But then again, who buys jeans based on whether or not their boyfriend likes to put his hands in the back pockets? Shan, apparently.

"You should buy a pair like that," Louis whispers in my ear as I browse a white skirt.

"What, so you can put your hands in them?" I laugh.

"Ah she learns quickly" he winks. I shake my head and walk away from him, browsing another shirt that's caught my eye.