39

"Where the fuck have you been?" My dad yells in my face the second I walk through the front door.

"Don't swear at me" I laugh bitterly, walking past him towards the stairs. 

"Don't walk away from me young lady." He warns me.

"Dad listen, Louis is not like his dad. You can throw your weight around and swear at me all you like, I'm not going to stop seeing Louis and I'm definitely not going to stop hanging out with Shan. They're the only friends I've made around here and you're not taking that away from me. Act like an adult for once in your life and sort yourself out." I say. He doesn't say anything, just stands there looking shocked. I nod and walk to my bedroom, shutting my door behind me.

Sighing, I unlock my phone and call Shan, I wonder if Louis has told her what's going on by now.

"Hello" she answers, sounding off.

"Shan hey, has Louis told you?" I ask, getting to the point.

"Yeah, I'm not really sure we should be speaking." She sighs.

"Shan? You're kidding right?"

"No, I don't think it's very fair that your parents have made up such an awful story about my dad, but you shouldn't be with Louis anymore. He deserves a better family in law to be quite honest, one that doesn't make stuff up about his dad." Before I can say anything she hangs up the phone.

My parents wouldn't lie about something like this. But does Louis feel the same as me or Shan?