22

"Jayde can I talk to you for a second please?" Louis says, catching my arm as we're walking towards the car.

"Yeah." I nod and let him pull me aside.

"It's obvious that Shan has been telling you some stuff about me and my past. I don't wanna get in your pants. Well I do, but not like that. Oh hell," he hisses out a breath.

"First time for everything, then, Lou?" There's almost a bitter tone to my voice as I refuse to make eye contact with him.

"Jayde, I know you're not like the girls around here, and I'm not just looking for one good night. I haven't slept with half as many people round here as you think I have." I open my mouth to argue with him but he stops me. "Just listen. I won't deny that I'm attracted to you, because hell I am, but I don't want just one night with you. I want you to give me a chance, get to know me. I'm not as bad as you think, I swear." I finally make eye contact, and he's deadly serious. His eyes are practically begging me to give him a chance, and I want to, oh how I want to. But giving him a chance means opening my heart up to him in return, and I know when that happens he'll get under my skin. It's so much easier to think of him as a flirt, a lad, someone I should keep at arms length. If he's at arms length he can't move towards my heart. I know that's what will happen. If I give him a chance I may as well stand on the rooftop and shout, 'Hey, Lou, come and break my heart!' at the top of my voice. I don't know if I'm ready for that. The fact we've only known each other just over a week doesn't matter much anymore. The thought hits me suddenly, I need to loosen up a bit, I need to let what happened with Sam go and move on.

I close my eyes, take a deep breath, and sigh. "One chance, Lou," I say quietly, looking into his eyes. "If you can prove to me you're not a man whore, then I'll forget everything Shan has told me about you." He smiles widely; showing his dimples.

"You have a deal" he takes my hand.