Chapter 15

I tapped my foot nervously against the dirty tiled floor of the living room. Glancing at the clock didn't help my anxiousness, they were fifteen minutes late. Oh God, what if they didn't even show up? What if they just didn't even care anymore?

They said they would be here though...

I breathed a sigh of relief when there was a knock on the door. It had to be them. I got off of my chair and walked past all of the pictures to the front door. I forced a smile onto my face and opened the door.

A pair of strong, long arms wrapped around my waist and picked me up. I squealed and threw my arms around Angelo's neck as he spun us around. When he finally set me down, his face was only inches from mine. "It's so good to see you, Ivy! I've missed having a bitchin' best friend around here!"

I hugged Angelo again, and said "I've missed you too! I would've came out but I've been so busy! I have so much to tell you and Vixen!" I looked behind Angelo but didn't see our third musketeer, "Where is she...?"

The joy on Angelo's face left, "Ivy, she went off to Florida to go live with her grandparents... I offered for her to stay with me after her mom died and we broke up, but she just couldn't. I'm sorry I didn't tell you when we were on the phone."

"Nah," I said, really I wanted to cry. What was I suppose to do without Vixen?, "It's okay. C'mon in."

We spent the next few hours catching up and just talking about everything that's happened since I had left. Apparently, when my mother left, Vixen's real mom became really sick and died under strange conditions, then Angelo and Vixen fought a lot and broke up, and then Vixen moved to Florida to be with her grandparents.

I then told Angelo about the car accident, Little Andy, Xavier, Juliet leaving, cheating on Xavier with Ashley, having the boys, all the problems with being with Ashley, and the dilemma that I was in right now.

"I really like them both, Angelo," I took a sip from my glass, during us talking, Angelo went to the kitchen and found an old bottle of wine, "And it would be easier if I just dated Xavier, there would be no bullshit and my dad would approve. I also love being with Ashley because he gives me a sense of thrill, he's a rebellious bad boy that my father doesn't approve of. What would you do if you were me?"

"Hmmm," Angelo sat and thought for a second, "Honestly, since your away from everything right now, just find some guy to fuck for the time being and make up your mind. Sex always helps me when I'm stressed,"

I stared at him for a second, "You want to fuck somebody else and think about it?"

"Y'know..." Angelo and I were sitting on the couch together, just on different ends. He moved closer to me and placed his hand on my leg, "I wouldn't say no if you asked me. Besides, I'm somebody that you know and trust; not some random guy off the street."

Without even thinking, mostly because of the wine, I leaned over and kissed him. This was something that I never thought that was going to happen: me kissing Angelo. Angelo responded back by pushing my shoulders back, which made me lie down, and him get over me. I tangled my hands in his dark black hair, and let out a little moan.

Somehow, we made our way up the stairs and I caught a glimpse out of the window. The sun had already started to set. We made our way to my room and you know what happened next.

"I need to see her now!"

"Get the fuck out of my driveway! I'm gonna call the police on your drunk ass!"

"I know you're in there! I know that you are! You can't just leave me like this!" My eyes opened and rested at looking at my fan lazily turning above me. I felt an arm draped around my waist and I was pulled against Angelo's body. He was fast asleep, oblivious to the commotion outside.

"They're on their way to haul away your sorry drunk ass!"

"Ivy! Ivy, come out! I love you!" I shot out of bed, while wrapping a sheet around myself. I walked over to my window, and stuck my head out. I sighed at the sight next door. Ashley's car was parked horribly on the neighbor's lawn, the headlights pouring into the house. My neighbor stood out there yelling at him to leave.

"Ashley!" I yelled, and seemed to catch his attention, "Ashley, I'm over here!"

Ashley ran across the lawn and to under my window. "Babe! You can't get rid of me that easily! I'm here to take you home!" I felt a hand clasp on my shoulder. I turned around to face Angelo.

"Do you want me to take care of him or have you made a decision?" Angelo whispered in my ear.

"I got this. Thank you though." Angelo nodded and left the room.

"Ivy, I didn't come here to start a fight! But I'm up for anything tonight! Don't you know that you broke the wrong heart?! And you drove me crazy?!" Ashley was slurring his words, trying to remember the lyrics to the song Redneck Crazy.

I picked up the bottom of the sheet and ran down the stairs and outside to him. He came to find me, even though he was drunk, Ashley came for me. Not Xavier, Ashley.

I ran out the front door and threw myself onto him. Winding my fingers into his hair, I led his lips to mine. We stood there for a second but then flashing lights appeared. A police officer walked over to us.

"Officer," I started, "I know this looks like a whole big mess, but he's just trying to do something sweet. I've put him through Hell this past month, and this is his way of forgiving me."

"Can I trust that you'll get him inside and move the car?" The officer asked.

"Of course," I replied. He soon left, and I then brought the car over to my driveway. And hugged Ashley again.

"I guess, I really did drive you crazy," I whispered and then kissed his cheek.