Chapter 2

"Ivy?" I groaned, and rolled onto my side. My face was greeted by the cool leather of our downstair's couch. It was Juliet, and I knew that it was early because she was always up by seven in the morning. "Ivy? Did you really sleep down here last night? Andy and I could you and Xavier yelling at each other last night."

I slowly lifted my head off of the pillow, and stared at her through my bangs. "Yeah, and can you please me more quite. I'm trying to sleep." I laid my head back down, and I heard her sigh.

"That's not good for your legs," She seemed to hesitate a bit before continuing, "And you and Xavier fighting about whatever isn't good for you either. Now, what were you two fighting about?" 

Juliet sat on the end of the couch, and I sat up. I winced as I did this though, pain starting at mid-calf and was spreading. Apparently this wasn't my most brilliant idea ever. 

"It was nothing, Juliet. Really. Now, I have to get ready for school." I stood up, and regretted it. Pain shoots through my legs, and I had to keep back my scream. I slowly walked up the stairs, taking my time on each step. I could feel Juliet's eyes burning into my back, as I kept walking. 

When I finally got to my room, I thought that I was going to cry. I stumbled into my room, and sighed as I saw Xavier's figure curled into a ball, under all of the sheets. Knowing that if he woke up right now I would forgive him, I turned away, and grabbed clothes for today. I heard the bed sheets start to ruffle, and I hightailed it out the best that I could. I ran past Juliet, a very sleepily Dad, and into the bathroom. 

I slammed the door behind me, and let out a huge sigh. I closed my eyes, and held my hair back from my face. From behind the door, I could hear Dad ask Juliet what I was being so weird about. All that I could hear from here was just hushed whispers, but I knew that he was telling her about me and Xavier fighting last night. 

I pushed myself off of the door, and then sat on the lid of the toilet. I grabbed the lotion off the counter, and started to rub the tension in the legs out. Sighing, I stopped, finding no relief from this. I then stood up, feeling slighlty better on my feet though. I threw my pj shirt into the dirty clothes basket, then pulled an Asking Alexandria tanktop that Dad gave to me a few years ago, after pulling on underclothes before though. Then I quickly changed into a pair of jeans, and speedily applied my makeup for the day. 

"What do you think that they were fighting about?" I could still hear them talking, and I tried to block them out but they were too loud. I started to fraintly looking around the little five by six foot room for my iPod or phone to play music, but then remembered that it they were still on my nightstand, charging. 

"I don't know. It could be anything... Riot's birthday is coming up, and Ivy always gets mopey around it...." Dad was starting to whisper more, but I could still understand what he was saying clearly. I turned on my hair straightener, and just sat on the toilet, waiting and listening to them talk. "I don't want to ask her. Why don't you? You'll understand her better!... I don't care, you'll be better at talking to her."

The light on my straightener started blinking, and I jumped up. Grabbing it, I ran it through my mostly straight hair, and then started to style it a bit. I picked up my moose, sprayed a bit into my hands, then started to run it throughout my hair. Turning on my blow drier, I flipped my head upside down, and started to shake out the roots and mess with my hair, as the drier added heat. Thankfully, I couldn't hear them anymore. 

That had to come to an end though. I flipped the switch on the hair drier, and I could hear them normally talking now. Brushing out my hair, and teasing the top way then it wasn't flat, I listened to their conversation. 

"Do you think that he was starting to pressure Ivy into anything?" Juliet said, a hint of saddness lingered in her voice. 

"Really, Juliet? Ivy would kick Xavier's ass if he ever did. Maybe they were arguing about how he's going away, and she, probably, is staying here?" Dad added.