Chapter 4

I wrapped my arms even more tightlly around my legs, forcing my knees to my chest. Tears poured down my face, and I didn't bother to wipe them away. Let them stay, I thought, let them stay and show what a horrible mistake I made. Another sob raced through me, and I pulled my knees even tighter to me.

How could I be so stupid? What if the test came back positive?... Again. What would Dad think? How would Juliet react? What would Xavier do?

Another sob raced through my body when I thought this. Xavier. I cheated on my amazing boyfriend. And, might, be pregnant with someone else's kid. What would he do when he found out? Would he dump me?

Then what would I do? I couldn't live without Xavier, he's my whole being. I shook my head, not wanting to think about it.

"Sissy?" Little Andy knocked on the bathroom door, "Mommy and Daddy want to talk to you,"

I sniffled a bit and cleared my throat, "I'll be down in one second, Andy. Just give me a second."

I could hear Little Andy's footsteps running out of my room and down the hallway. I sighed and pushed myself off the floor. Unlocking my phone, the timer started to count down the final seconds. I glanced over at the test and waited. The timer soon went off, blasting "To The Stage". Closing my eyes, I picked up the stick.

What the fuck?

Negative.

I blinked a few times, but it still remained the same dark blue negative sign. How? I fished around in the trash can for a second and found the last one. It still read positive. What the hell?

"Ivy!" Dad's voice boomed upstairs, "Where are you?!"

"I'm coming!" I yelled back. I hide both test under the sink and then splashed a bit of water on my eyes. Running out of the room, I wiped my eyes. I walked down the stairs and into the music room. We call it a music room, but it's more like Dad and Juliet's makeshift office. But there was a bunch of different guitars, basses, microphones, drum equipment, and the grand piano.

Before I entered, I had to steady my breathing. What did they want?

Dad was seated at his desk, typing something on his computer. Juliet was seated in her chair next to him, mindlessly twisting her wedding band, something that she only did when she was nervous. "Close the door, Ivy," Dad said while still typing something. I closed the door, and walked over to the leather chairs that were in front of the desk. Juliet didn't look up from her wedding band, and Dad closed his computer. Juliet's head snapped up and looked at Dad. He nodded.

I gulped as she got up and walked over to her purse. She pulled out a yellow slip of paper: a receipt. Dad was staring at me the whole time. Juliet sat back down and placed the receipt in front of me. Tears brimmed at the back of my eyes as I read what was purchased.

Two pregnancy test.

I licked my lips before glancing away. I didn't look up at then, but I did keep my eyes on the desk.

"Ivy," Dad's voice sounded like he was trying to keep the anger out, but he was failing at that, "Why did we find this on your bedroom floor last night?"

Finally looking up at them, the waterworks started. I couldn't hide it, I was a horrible liar anyway. "Dad," my voice cracked from the tears, "I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. We were just so caught up in the moment. I don't even know if I am. I might not be, and we're worrying of nothing!"

Juliet just kept twist her wedding band, and Dad looked furious now, "I thought that I told you to be smart about stuff like this. I thought that I told you to always do it safely if you and Xavier are going to be doing stuff like this. Ivy, this is unacceptable!"