Chapter 3

When I pulled up to my location, I parked then started to search my glove box for what I wanted. Finding it, I stepped out of the car, holding the objects closely to me, and walked to the front of the car. I jumped up onto the hood, and smiled down at the package of cigarettes.

I light one, and brought it slowly to my lips. Laying back against the windshield, I blew out the smoke. The stress and tension was slowly starting to leave, and I couldn't be happier. 

Until, a green Honda pulled up. I sighed as Xavier got out, and started walking over to me. Of course, I wouldn't be having any alone time.  Xavier jumped onto the hood of the car with me, and grabbed a cigarette as well. We both sat there in silence for a while, until we had both finished our cigarettes. When he flung his to the ground, I slid over and wrapped my arms tightly around him, and side. 

"What did she want?" I asked softly. My voice wavered a bit, but I somehow I finished my sentence. 

"Vixen, apparently, dragged her out here when she found her working at a bar. It wasn't good, Ivy. You're lucky that you left when you did, 'cause it got pretty bad in there," He paused to look down at me. Xavier's vivid green bored into mine, "I don't know how you do it. How lasted so long living like this, and how right now you're not breaking down. I would've broke a long time ago if I were in your shoes."

I sighed, and thought to myself. How did I last this long? How did I do it? What caused to be this way. Finally, I whispered the words, "I don't know." Xavier nodded, and sat up, which forced me to as well. 

Lightly kissing my lips, he got off the hood, and helped me down. "Race ya' home," He breathed against my lips after kissing me again, then taking off to his car. I laughed, and got into mine as he was pulling out. My Mini Coop roared-- not really since it was so small-- to life, and I sped out onto the highway, following Xavier. He had his window's rolled down, so I did the same. 

I pulled up to him, in the other lane of course, and smiled over him. Xavier's green eyes locked with my blue ones, and he pulled the most stupidest face ever. His green eyes were crossed, and he had his tongue hanging out like a dog. I laughed, and turned up my radio, which my iPod was hooked up too. The older band Imagine Dragons blasted through the stereo, and I laughed. 

"Drive faster! I can see the city!" I could faintly hear Xavier, but I did what he asked. 

I drove faster down the dimily light highway. No cars were out, which was odd, but it made it that much more fun. In fact, Los Angles was right ahead, and you could see it. The whole place was light up beautifuly. The buildings seemed to reach for the stars, and reached it. Cars ran quickly down the street, only looking like colorful blurs against the brightness of the city. "I don't ever wanna let you down," I smiled at the familiar lyrics, and sang along, "'Cause after all, this city never sleeps at night!" 

I looked back over at Xavier, then quickly drove the rest of the way home. I pulled into the driveway before Xavier, so I sat there for a bit, waiting on him. I glanced at the clock and sighed, four fifty-two. Dad would be pissed that we were gone for so long, but I think that he would understand this time. I turned off my car, and walked into the house, not wanting to wait any longer for Xavier. 

I quitely made my way upstairs, and to my room. I could hear the door opening downstairs, as I stripped down to my under clothing. I pulled the covers back on my bed, and sunked into the cool material. Pulling the covers back over me, I let out a happy sigh. 

The door to my room then opened, and Xavier walked in. He smiled at me, and empty his pockets onto the dresser. I could only faintly see him from the moonlight that was pouring in from the window, but I could still see that he was smiling. Xavier started to make a show with taking off his pants, I laughed as he did this. He then slowly took off his shirt, and threw it at me. I caught it, and then Xavier slid into bed with me.