Chapter 7

"Are you sure, Ivy?" I sighed. Of course I was sure.

"Dad, I can drive. Just because I am eight months pregnant doesnt mean shit." I grabbed his car keys and slung my messenger bag over my shoulder. "I'll be back soon, okay? Call me when Juliet comes and drops off Little Andy."

Dad nodded and opened the front door for me, "I love you, Ivy. Tell me how it goes,"

"I'll be fine, Dad!" I laughed, "I'll tell you everything that I know when I get home,"

I kissed Dad on the cheek as I left. Being further in my pregnancy now, I had developed that famous pregnant woman "wobble". Dad would laugh at me and call me a duck every time that I had to walk somewhere.

I got into the driver seat of Dad's car, and slowly pulled out of the drive way. Then I made the short drive over to Ashley's house. I was somewhat nervous; this would be Ashley's first time seeing the twins.

We had yet to name them. Ashley and I had talked about a few names before, but we never decided on one. Finally, we had decided to name them when they would be born, thinking that when we saw them we would know.

Somehow, we also had convince Dad to let Ashley be allowed to see them once they where born. Not in the room, nobody but Sammi was allowed in there, but see them after and become part of their life.

I pulled into Ashley's driveway, and honked a few times. Ashley soon walked out the front door after locking it and made his way to the passenger side. After he had buckled in, Ashley leaned over and kissed my cheek. I smiled and pulled out.

Ashley rested his hand on my thigh, and with the other hand, started flipping through the different channels. Finally, he just turned it off.

"Excited, love?" I asked and pulled into the parking lot. I turned to him and smiled brightly, trying to hide how nervous I was.

Ashley pecked my lips lightly and smiled back. "I can't even start to describe how excited I am." I kissed him one more time, then we got out. Ashley grabbed my hand and laced out fingers together. I swung our hands between us as we walked.

After getting signed in, we sat down in the cold chairs. Our hands were still intertwined. Ashley squeezed my hand and kissed my cheek.

"Finally, I get to see my babies." I smiled.

We were called back shortly after, and brought into one of the back rooms. The lady said her usual speech and then left. Mrs. Webber walked in after her.

After some small talk, she got everything out and started the monitor. "Okay, Ivy, as you already know this is going to be cold,".

I sucked in my breath as she placed the cold gel on my stomach. Mrs. Webber moved the small wand over my stomach, and stopped on the boy's faces. They were facing each other and seemed to be moving their arms slightly.

I quickly looked up at Ashley, who was already crying. I grabbed onto his hand, and he sat back down. He brought his chair over to the bed that I was on and rested his head next to mine.

"See," I said quietly, "Those are ours,"

Ashley kissed my temple and squeezed my hand. "Yeah," he whispered, "they are."

Mrs. Webber had to turn off the monitor and started talking to us.

"Okay, since it is a twin pregnancy, this is not going to last as long. I'm surprised that you even made it this long. So, don't be surprised if you dot make it to the nine month mark." She smiled brightly and handed me some wipes for my stomach. "You can go book your next appointment with Rachel. You'll be nine months next time, so if you don't have your twins by then we'll have to discuss having a c-section soon."

I nodded and thanked her, as did Ashley. I threw away the wipes and smiled at Ashley. He pressed his lips to mine, his cheeks were still a bit hot from the tears.

"That was amazing, Poison Ivy," he breathed. I smiled and kissed him again.

"C'mon, we got to make our next appointment."

Ashley had to help me off the table, and helped me down to the front desk. I booked my next appointment on the date that I had discussed with Dad then we left. Ashley drove this time, and we went back to his house.

When we got inside, Ashley went straight to the bathroom, yelling to pick a movie. I, of course, picked the first Harry Potter.

I wobbled to Ashley's bedroom and left the movie on his dresser, which his TV was also on. I then went to the kitchen and got out the popcorn.

I started the microwave with the popcorn in it, and then leaned against the counter. My hand subconsciously went to my stomach and started rubbing over the twins. Then it felt like they both kicked, but harder. Then a whole lot of pressure down there.

I had to hold back a slight scream as fluid ran down my right leg. The pain from the pressure was released then my abdomen hurt so much.

I limped over to a dinning room chair, and screamed for Ashley.

The twins were coming.