light

•lia•

luke and i were a mess of tangled limbs and sheets. i had my head resting on his chest tracing the patterns of his tattoos on his shoulder. his hands caressed my back as our legs tangled together. neither of us wanted to move. we were both content with being in the others arms.

"i love you," he whispered as if we hadn't said the words enough.

"you make me so happy," i commented. "i never thought anyone would be able to make me this happy."

"you deserve to be happy," he told me causing me to smile.

"i love you too," i told him tilting my head back in order to kiss his lips again.

i would never get tired of the taste of his lips and the way the moved against mine.

after spending a considerable time in his bed we both reluctantly got up. i slipped on his shirt that was thrown on the ground that came down to my thighs while luke slipped on a pair or sweatpants.

"have i ever told you how hot you look in my clothes?" he asked while checking me out. i laughed at him and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

i took the time to look around his room a little. there were band posters on some of the walls and a bunch of cds stacked in one of the corners. his desk was full of notebooks that looked to be full of writing. but what intrigued me the most was the jar filled with lighters on his desk. i walked over to it and grabbed one.

luke walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist leaving a couple kisses on the back of my neck.

"you know, before i met you, i used to always carry a lighter with me," he started. "even after i stopped smoking, i still carried a lighter with me to remind me that i always had a light to help me through anything and to remind me that all that lighting cigarettes did was cloud my vision. but ever since i met you, i don't need to carry one with me anymore. i don't need it help me because of you. you're my light, lia. you're the one who gives me hope and gets me through the day. you're my light."