say something

lia

luke and i were hanging out in my apartment. i had just came home from working at the aquarium to find luke standing at my door with chinese take out. it was like he read my mind because at work i had to skip my lunch break because there was an emergency with one of the sharks.

so i hadn't eaten since the handful of cereal and cup of coffee in the morning.

"you're actually amazing," i told him as i went to unlock my door.

"i thought we could have our second date," he said as her followed me inside.

"that sounds perfect. you can put the food on the table," i said pointing to the table in front of the couch, "while i go change into some more comfy clothes."

i saw him begin to set up the food as i went into my room. i threw my bag on my bed and stripped my shirt off. i took off my bra and slipped on a sports bra and an old guns n' roses shirt. then i pulled off my jeans and replaced them with some plaid pajama shorts.

while i was walking out of my room i put my hair up in a messy bun and saw that luke had already grabbed some forks and was sitting on the couch.

"how was work?" he asked as i sat down.

"it was fine. but i had to skip lunch because there was an emergency with one of the sharks," i explained as i grabbed a take out container. "what about you? did you have class today?"

he followed my lead and grabbed one of the containers and began eating out of it like i did. "yeah, i had my calculus class today which consisted of us learning a really complicated formula."

"don't even try to explain it to me. i suck at math, like immensely," i cut him off before he could explain it.

we continued talking about random things. at one point he tried explaining some math concept to me that i didn't understand so in return i tried to explain to him a weird animal at the aquarium which he was really confused about.

i was surprised at the fact that we actually finished most of the food he bought. we kept trading containers as we talked. he got a lot of food too.

"i have question," he stated.

"that's nice," i replied which only caused him to roll his eyes.

"can i see your other tattoo?" he asked.

he could already see my wave and arrow tattoos on my thighs because i was wearing shorts. but my compass and moon tattoo he still had yet to see.

"is this just an excuse to get me to take my shirt off?" i asked playfully.

"you caught me," he smirked.

i rolled my eyes but took it off anyways. i raised my arm and pulled down part of my sports bra so he could see it.

"that's really cool," he said. "do you want any other tattoos?"

i had thought of getting other tattoos but there was nothing that i really wanted to get. part of me was considering getting a dream catcher though considering the fact that i get really bad nightmares but i wasn't sure.

"i don't know. i kind of want to get a back tattoo so that my scars aren't as noticeable," i told him.

"for the record, i think your scars are beautiful," he told me. "they show how strong you are."

i gave him a sad smile.

"i know. but i don't like people seeing them because if they see them, they ask about why i have them."

"i get it."

then i noticed how close we were. he had moved closer so he could look at my tattoo and was basically right in front of me. he kept biting his lip near his lip ring and i really wanted to know what he was thinking about.

but i didn't take long to figure it our as he started leaning in to connect out lips. i couldn't help but feel butterflies in my stomach as we kissed. kissing luke was different than anyone i had kissed before. his touch ignited my skin.

luke slowly pushed me back so i was lying back on the couch with him on top on me. his hands roamed my sides but always returned to my hips. mine ran up his back eventually ending up in his hair. i had quickly figured out that he really liked when i played with his hair, especially when we were kissing.

luke abruptly pulled away leaving his face inches from mine.

"will you be my girlfriend?" he asked.

i sat there in shock for a second. i knew that what we were doing wasn't just for fun but i didn't actually expect him to ask me to be his girlfriend. the last time i had a legitimate boyfriend was in high school and it ended horribly.

"please say something," he said again. only then did i realize that i was just looking at him.

"yes," i stated. "i'd love to be your girlfriend."