Chapter 15 A new kind of portal!??

Miranda,

I hummed a song waiting for my time to become human again.

I could feel my heart start to beat, my blood course through my veins, my body is becoming human again for a few hours.

I always feel so excited after changing, except for the thump when I fall to the ground head first, always.

No ones home yet so lets just look for random stuff up in the attic.

I rummage through boxes, bags and old chest of drawers and found a picture of Eve and Michael on their wedding day, they were so happy back then, when Claire was there, I was so much happier then when Claire was in our lives.

I wiped away a lone tear, but the anger boiled up inside of me. I hated Claire for leaving and never coming back, Shane disappeared into thin air with Myrnin a month after and Eve and Michael split up, so Eve moved away to another town. Now Michael and his friend, Justin live here.

Me being the only girl here, the boys have a bromance and they leave me out on everything. Right now they left to play indoor golf, because Michael is still a bloodsucker, unfortunately.

Michael is a total ass now, I never see him anymore. He leaves me here alone with Justin. And Justin and I are still in that awkward stranger phase of a relationship.

I throw the picture back in the drawer. When I slam the drawer shut it slams into the wall behind with a loud BUMP! A crack forms up the wall. Shit! I'm dead!

I rubbed my temples pacing back and forth thinking of ways to try hide it.

Might as well see how bad it is.

I walk over to the drawers and pulled it away from the wall.

I could see through the crack but its not what I expected, I expected a bright light from the Texas sun, but I could only see darkness within.

I move my hand up to the crack and feel it.

My hand goes through it causing me to sink into the hole.

"AHHHH!" I screamed. I shut my eyes tight, my hands over my ears to block out the sound of another females screeching voice yelling my name.

I moved my hands away from my ears and opened my eyes to see a pale large face in front of me.

She looks familiar. "Your new here aren't you?"

I looked around to see the dark room was deserted and I was laying immobile on the dark wooden floor.

"Where is here?" I ask confusion on my face and in my voice.

"Well, some call it the afterlife, some call it a way out."

"A way out of what?"

"A bad past." She said looking into space followed with a loud sigh.

"Well, I didn't mean to bother you but I should be going. Goodbye." I stood up and looked around for a door when I realised there wasn't a door.

"You see, I'm all alone here I could use company."

"No, I'm sorry but I can't leave my friends. I need them and they need me. Now tell me how the hell am I gonna get out of here."

"That is my decision. We make a deal and I'll let you go. You come here everyday, and I'll let you go. If not then I'll cause you a lot of problems. If there's anything I hate is being lied to."

"You've got a deal. Now let me go." What can I say the question is simple.

"Ooh. And when your a ghost in that house of yours you may use a Quija board to contact with me. And only me. Got it." She held out a long fingered pale hand out to me.