Chapter 2 Dallas! Where's J.R.?

POV: Miranda.

I was in my room when I heard a door creak open from across the hall. I took a sneak peak out when I heard a phone ringing quietly. I saw Claire speed walk out of her room with her phone in her hand. I put my ear closer to her to try hear her conversation. I couldn't hear the conversation. But Claire looked worried sad and scared all in one. I started to get butterflies just looking at her. But she got up.and snuck back to her room. I'll just ask her tomorrow. I went back to my bed. Preparing for my disappearance. It was now 05:59. I closed my eyes as I saw the clock tick to 06:00 I felt the same pain I did when I died. I felt the biting acid at my flesh. I made a face. I scrunched my nose up and closed my eyes tight. First I felt it like pins and needles but now it feels like I'm burning. Then I just turned to dust. I then heard the door open again. I walked through the wall to see Claire dressed with back pack and suitcase. She was stumbling down the stairs. I then went through the floor to see Claire write a note and walk out the door. I look at the note. It reads

"Sorry. Had to go to Dallas. I'll explain soon enough. Love Claire." I heard the hearse start up. I jumped through the ceiling and jumped into Claire and Shane room. I stood in the middle of the bed waiting for Shane to notice my presence. He rolled over his eyes flickered open. "Miranda. Is that you?" He heard the hearse make another noise. He ran up to the window only wearing boxers. Damn! Those abs! He ran downstairs. Out the door. I soon seen him outside looking around. He ran back up and got dressed quickly. He ran back outside. I looked at him from outside the window. He is running after the car. Like a dog. (roll eyes)

For the rest of the day I just floated around watching Eve pacing around when Michael didn't come back from work. I heard the door open and slam shut. I looked over to see Michael in his sun protection coat gloves and hat. He hung his coat on the hanger. Threw his hat on the table and put his gloves in his coat pockets. I looked back at Eve. She looked upset. "Where were you?" She scowled.

"Amelie business."

"No. Amelie isn't in town. She left yesterday. To sort out the other vampires. Where were you?!"

Tears were falling from her eyes as her mascara ran down her face. Micheal's eyes were watery.

"Amelie asked me to run an errand. She called ok!"

"I doubt the errand would take you more than five hours!"

She was sobbing now. But she shuffled over to Micheal she held up her hand. She slapped him across the face. Tears rushing down her face. "You shouldn't have done that." Micheal said his fangs coming down and his eyes go crimson. She took a few steps back afraid. She backed up against the wall. He walked up to her. Pressing his chest to hers. He put his hand in her hair. "You know why you shouldn't have done that to a vampire? Because you never know when their hungry." He whispered. He pulled her hair forcing her head to the side. He buried his head in her neck. A few minutes later I realised what he was doing. He was feeding on her. I stood next to Micheal waiting for him to notice my presence. He pulled back away from Eve. Blood on his mouth. How will I help her? I can't do anything. Just then the door opened again and an angry looking Shane appeared. He grabbed Micheal and shoved him out the door. I looked at the clock on the wall 5:59 time to be reborn. I closed my eyes tightly. I felt my body feel alive my blood course through my vain my heartbeat. I feel the most alive ever when I'm reborn. I feel the floor disappear under my feet. Then I feel my body hit the ground. I stand up to now see Shane being held back from Micheal by Myrnin and Micheal being held back by Oliver. And Eve being looked after by a blonde girl. I asked "What did I miss in the last second." They all shrugged. I looked at the blondie. She's pretty she looks like a Monica look-alike. She looked up at me. "Hi. I'm one of Oliver's "pets" as the vamps call it." She gave me a smile and finished dressing Eve's neck. Oliver let go of Micheal and Myrnin let go of Shane.

"I have some news you all would like to know. Claire cannot remember any of you. I met her at a hospital in Dallas when I brang Monica to see her mother. And surprise surprise Monica can't remember either. And Monica and Claire are becoming b.f.f.s as we speak. As you kids call it these days."

I felt my eyes water. Claire can't remember Morganville. Or me Micheal Eve Myrnin or even Shane! This is bad. Very bad. To make it worse her and Monica are becoming friends as I speak. No this can't happen. Monica of all people. No I don't believe him. I'm calling Claire. I grab my phone and ring Claire. She answers on the fifth ring. "Hello?"

"Claire. It's me Miranda."

"Who?"

"Miranda."

"Sorry. You must know a different Claire. Goodbye."

She hung up on me. I rang again but a different voice said "I like ducks!"

"Monica put Claire on."

"How do you know my name. Who is this?"

"Miranda. The girl that nearly killed you're possy."

"Doesn't ring a bell. Please stop calling this number."

She hung up to.

"It's true neither her or Monica remember us." I started to cry and cry until I just couldn't cry anymore.

****************************

Sorry for any mistakes.

<3 REMEMBER <3

Suggest

Fan

Share

Favourite

Feedback

Comment

Vote